This course provides you with an overview of a internationally recognised method called MSP® Programme Management, a best practice for Programme Management.
MSP is the world’s most widely-adopted programme management method, used by people and organizations from wide-ranging industries and sectors.
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) guidance explains the programme management principles, governance themes and transformational flow that should be applied to the management of programmes or transformational change in any environment.
There are two levels of qualifications within the MSP® certification scheme – Foundation and Practitioner.
This package covers Introduction level study, further Foundation and Practitioner levels available for upgrade as and when you wish to progress to the next level.
The purpose of the foundation qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to apply the guidance to their own work and, hence, act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment. Candidates should be capable of applying the MSP® guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP.
Beneﬁts of Method:
· Improve your delivery confidence as everyone understands their role in delivering what the business expects.
· Terminology that is common in all projects, programmes & portfolios around the world with a methodology that works ‘effectively with ‘knowledge based practices
· Close your projects well to ensure lessons are captured and project assets are protected
· Structured approach with controls to provide a delivery methodology that works repeatedly and will enable you to successfully deliver projects
· Clearly understand your role, governance and responsibilities including the triggers, inputs and expected outputs
· Start your projects well to ensure successful and consistent delivery to achieve the expected benefits
· Enhance your CV and boost future employment prospects.