MS Excel - From 0 to Working Professional in 1 hour
- Have Excel 2007 or above installed in the computer
This course covers Excel basics in the way that's very short and concise. You may use Excel before but this course shows you a better way of using these functions in real work environment. If you are going back to workforce, or looking for jobs, this is the fastest way to refresh your skill or Jump Start your skills. Within 1 hour, you can use Excel the way a working professional would use.
This course IS NOT for everyone because of 2 things
1. Excel is powerful. Microsoft tries to make Excel as relevant to anyone as possible. However, each occupation use Excel differently. I've no idea how scientists or engineers use Excel. But I know how working professionals, especially analysts use Excel. I've worked as Business Analyst, Market Analyst, and till this day a full time Financial Analyst. Excel changed my life, I get hired, get promoted because that. I hope more people can do the same and better.
2. The pace of the course is super fast. If you like things go slowly, this is NOT for you. This course covers basic Excel. Most of the things in this course should be learnt by doing. Therefore I have enclosed a downloadable workbook. You can see me demonstrating on the left side of the sheet, while you would be practicing on the right.
- People who are looking for jobs
- Refresh Excel skills
- People who are tired of watching long Youtube tutorial videos
- This course is NOT comprehensive training, it's a quick start guide
- This is NOT for people who want to learn VBA or coding
- Watch this before you start01:38
- How to download course file00:06
- How to learn more00:14
- Excel Road Map and What's covered03:20
- Get Start with Excel01:57
- Simple Calculation01:02
- Relative and Absolute Reference01:53
- 3X your productivity using 3 shortcuts + 1 useful tip03:01
- Basic Excel Formulas04:15
- When to use which function and how to learn02:06
- Check in with you01:43
- Basic Formatting-From Basic to Best Sequence04:21
- Group & Freeze Panes - From Basic to Fancy way to use it01:51
- Format as Table Basic and Why Use it01:50
- Filter in table and in range, Pros&Cons01:47
- Conditional Formatting - From Basic to Fancy03:35
- Format Painter- the Right Way01:08
- Comment- Best Practice02:19
- Data Validation - Creative Way for Data Entry02:10
- Closing Remark01:15
- Coupons are here00:09
Jason has worked as a financial analyst, business analyst, and research analyst from start-up to fortune 500 companies. He holds a Master Degree in Finance from the Johns Hopkins University. He passed CFA level 3 exam.
Jason dedicates his time to help analysts get promoted, get better job and better life, starting from having outstanding Excel skills.
Excel is a powerful tool. It's like golf. You can learn it within several hours, but improve it for the rest of your life. There are tons of free materials out there. But you need structured lectures to build a good mindset in order to reach your goal, which is getting the job done beautifully. So that you can ask for raise, for promotion, even your dream job.