What you'll learn
- Learn about the basics of MQTT
- In-depth learning and implementation of all the MQTT Control packets
- Learn and implement Cloud MQTT Integration with IBM Cloud
- Learn and implement Topics, Topic Filtering and Wildcards using an Office Monitoring System Project
- Learn and implement Quality of Service Levels using an Instant Messaging Application Project
- Learn and implement session persistence using the Instant Messaging Application Project
- Learn and implement Retained message using the GPS Asset Tracking Project
- Learn and implement the Last Will & Testament Feature using the Office Monitoring System Project
- Learn and implement the Keep Alive Feature using the GPS Asset Tracking Project
- Learn and implement authentication, authorization and payload encryption using the GPS Asset Tracking Project
- Learn in-depth about the different features, use cases, and challenges of MQTT V5
- You should have experience working with electronics
- You should have worked with the Raspberry Pi 4 and the ESP32
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Python, and Arduino IDE
JUNE 2022 Update:
IBM Cloud GUI Change Update
Bill of Materials Link Updated
Hello learners, Welcome to MAKERDEMY's "MQTT Masterclass" course. This is an advanced level course on the Most Popular IoT Protocol called MQTT.
If you are a developer or an engineer who wants to get an in-depth knowledge of all the concepts of the MQTT Protocol or if you want to unlock the full potential of your existing MQTT system, this course is right for you. To get the maximum value out of this course, you should have a functional knowledge of electronics and should have good experience with Raspberry Pi, ESP32, Python, and Linux.
This course will teach you in-depth all the concepts of MQTT like Topic Filtering, Wildcards, Quality of Service, Session Persistence, Last Will and Testament, Retained messages, Keep Alive, and Security Implementation, by implementing handpicked projects using the Raspberry Pi 4, ESP32, and IBM Cloud IoT Platform. We will also cover in-depth the features of MQTT V5. By the end of the course, you will intuitively understand what features of MQTT will allow you to reach your goals in your existing MQTT system or the one you are currently building. Also, if you completely finish the course, you will win bonus content covering MQTT over Websockets and MQTT-SN.
Throughout the course, we have provided a curated collection of original resources. These resources include links to documents for in-depth learning, blog links, videos, and more. Furthermore, our Instructor team has an excellent track record of answering your queries and clearing your doubts. Thus, they will be ready to answer any of your course-related questions.
So, what are you waiting for?! Come, join me in this course. I'm looking forward to being your instructor and make you a Master of the MQTT Protocol.
Who this course is for:
- Any developer or an engineer who wants to get an in-depth knowledge of all the concepts of the MQTT Protocol
- Anyone, who is trying to unlock the full potential of there existing MQTT system, by gaining an in-depth understanding of the MQTT
Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore.
Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives.
Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
I am an electronics engineer by education and passionate about teaching electronics. I am also passionate about content writing, video production, and teaching a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies. During my stint in MAKERDEMY I have created 9 Courses for the company with more than 10000 Student Enrolled. This is the official company account created by MAKERDEMY for publishing courses during my stint in MAKERDEMY.