Moving Through Fear
- No prerequisites needed
How do we work with fear in the face of great uncertainty?
Learning In Action’s Heal The Divide series continues with Moving Through Fear, an of-the-moment, interactive, on-demand course designed to engage your innate capacity to understand, accept, move through and use your experience of fear to your benefit. This course will help you develop an understanding of fear on an emotional, neuroscientific and developmental level. In addition, you will learn the steps you can take to name, tame, sit with and move through fear into a place of acceptance and possibility.
This video series is intended to help you tune into yourself, identify your experience in these challenging times, and move through that experience to release whatever may be blocking your natural capacity for wholeness, ease, and creativity.
We invite you to join Alison Whitmire, President of Learning In Action, on this exploration.
- Individuals that are looking for a guide to increase their understanding and relationship with fear and gain insights on how to move through it
- Introduction and Course Flow01:29
- Welcome To Moving Thru Fear - Video (3:21)03:21
- What is Fear Video (6:02)06:02
- The Interaction of the Brain and Relationships - Video (10:51)10:51
- The Importance of Naming Fear - Video (8:56)08:56
- Sitting with Fear - Video (16:02)16:02
- Steps to Taming Fear - Video (9:18)09:18
- The Journey From Fear To Love - Video (7:24)07:24
- A Moving Through Fear Summary - Video (5:58)05:58
- Final Thoughts - Video (1:25)01:25
Alison Whitmire is the President of Learning in Action, a company committed to revealing derailing blindspots and creating awareness resulting in breakthroughs. She is an authority in the Emotional and Relational Intelligence, which focuses on our innate capacity to be in relationship with others, even in times of conflict and how we can develop that capacity through conscious awareness and intention.
Alison is a Professional Certified Coach, a Master EQ Practitioner and a Certified Narrative Coach. She has thousands of hours of experience coaching CEOs and business owners. She is certified as a 200 RYT Yoga Teacher and is currently enrolled in a Mindfulness Meditation Teacher training program. Alison is a TEDx speaker and a 3 time TEDx Conference organizer.
Prior to Learning in Action, Alison was a Chair for Vistage International, one of the world’s largest CEO membership organizations, for 8 years, running CEO roundtables. Prior to that, she worked in a series of Fortune 500 companies, running business units inside those companies. In the early years of her career, Alison practiced as a CPA with Ernst and Young. She has an MBA from the University of Chicago and BBAs in Accounting and Finance from Texas Tech University.