7 Secrets to HIT Songwriting
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will learn the secret elements that Motown used to make their songs magnetic and timeless.
- You will learn the "Power of the HOOK", How to write a catchy Title, How to Hum out a Melody, How to Paint pictures with words and MORE...
- Note Pad, Pen/Pencil, Recording device
- You do not have to be able to play an instrument or have any recording software. Desire is all that is required.
When Clay Drayton instructs songwriters, he comes from a place of experience and longevity. He doesn't want you to be a “1 Hit Wonder”. You will learn the secrets of writing songs that have the potential to become Classics.
What many songwriters today are missing are mentors (Seasoned writers who have "Been there, Done that!") to help them develop their songs with tried and proven methods of creating Hit songs. Clay will give you examples, templates and tools to use in your songs. He will be your mentor. He will help you write songs that everyone will want to hear and singers will want to cover.
Not only will Mr. Drayton instruct you, but he will consult with, critique and collaborate with his students.
Who this course is for:
- This class is for those who have a desire to write their first song or those who would like to take their songwriting to the next level.
Clay Drayton has been involved in the music industry for the past 40 years. He was a songwriter on staff at Motown Records/Jobete Publishing for seven years. While at Motown he wrote, arranged, produced and played on songs for Diana Ross, The Supremes, the Jackson 5, Jermaine Jackson, Janet Jackson, High Inergy, David Ruffin, the 5th dimension, Bette Midler, Al Wilson and many others. He has earned multiple gold & platinum records to his credits. Clay’s song “The Life of the Party” is included on the CD entitled “Michael Jackson’s 50 Best Songs.
After leaving Motown, Mr. Drayton signed with 20th Century Fox Music. He is president of his own music publishing companies; Claytam and Troytiaco. He is a member of ASCAP, the National Association of Recording Industry Professionals (NARIP) and a voting member for the Grammy Association. He continues to write and produce today for vocalists which include singer Jesse Campbell from "The Voice" and others. Clay is currently teaching a Professional songwriting class in Los Angeles, CA. He speaks for music schools and music networking groups, has been featured in music magazines and conducts Professional Songwriting seminars nationwide.