BBS w/ Thomas E. Boyce, Ph.D. and Motivating Safety at Work
What you'll learn
- increase employee engagement in safety
- increase the occurrence of safe behavior
- decrease the occurrence of at-risk behavior
- identify and solve issues before injuries occur
- understand and apply a universal theory of employee motivation
- communicate in a way that influences and inspires action
- Students will need basic computer skills and access to a computer with an internet connection
- Students will benefit from an open-mind, a desire to learn, and motivation to apply the practical principles to be learned
- Students will benefit from a desire to make a real difference in their own lives and the lives of others with whom they are in contact
Overview of Motivating Safety at Work: this course is a helicopter view of a popular process. It's about employee engagement, reducing and eliminating risk, preventing injuries, and inspiring workers to be happy and productive. Those who take this course may be experiencing behavior-focused and psychology-based business training for the first time. Or, they might be those managers, supervisors, and employees who need a refresher or different way to consider behavior-based safety. Hourly workers who are currently involved in a behavior based safety process, serving on a steering team or employee safety committee, will benefit from this course. Students enrolled in college-level applied psychology, environmental health and safety, or business management programs will also benefit from this course. Those who can not participate in one of our scheduled face-to-face courses, will enjoy this introduction and eventually be able to move through the 4-hour in person course with a firm foundation. Learn the truth about safety programs, engaging employees, and improving safety performance. You, too, can eliminate lost-time accidents and reduce your worksite's recordable injury rate by 50% within 1 year! What You Will Learn: How to understand and change behavior in safety situations you encounter every day, A method of proactive problem-solving that produces WIN/WIN results, communication skills for any safety situation you encounter, a universal theory of motivation that is easy to apply, The materials included in this course are video modules with synchronized power point presentations and supplemental materials for each module, including links to relevant resources, additional videos, and articles. Each module will require 5 to 15 minutes to complete, including your review of the supplemental materials. And, we expect that it will take the typical student less than an hour to complete the entire course including, viewing the approximately 30 minutes of video instruction, reviewing the supplemental material, and taking the post-course learning gain assessment. These evidence-based strategies offer the most effective, long-term approach for helping leaders do the right things around safety. Leaders who understand and apply these principles are better able to guide their organizations to safety solutions that produce maximum benefits.
Who this course is for:
- those who believe that engaging employees is critical to safety performance should take this course
- those who want to reduce the occurrence of occupational injuries should take this course
- those who are interested in understand human behavior and motivation should take this course
- those who are considering our live 4-hour workshop but who are not available on a scheduled date should take this course
- managers, supervisors, and employees who are interested in a different way to improve safety performance should take this course
Thomas E. (TED) Boyce, Ph.D. is the only applied psychologist, formally-trained professional musician and recording artist, author, keynote speaker, university professor, Fortune 100 business consultant in the world. For 25 years he has delivered precision teaching, passion, and rigorously tested behavioral science to improve worker performance in businesses just like yours. Dr. Boyce's clients have compared his work to that of W. E. Deming. What takes most other companies two weeks or more to teach, Dr. Boyce can do in 2 to 3 days and with better results. “Behavior-Based Performance Improvement done the right way IS lean. This will make your employees happy while improving your bottom line".
Dr. Boyce is the founder and principal of The Center for Behavioral Safety, LLC (CBSLLC). Through Center for Behavioral Safety Dr. Boyce provides injury prevention and performance improvement consulting and training to commercial, not-for-profit, and government organizations. Typical clients include those whose employees may be at high risk for injury. Our processes including Curriculum Design, Culture Assessments and Change Management, On Site and Public Training, and Leadership Development provide profound knowledge to all regarding human behavior and engaging employees in a system that optimizes human capacity and business outcomes. As a certified Small Business, CBSLLC is committed to providing innovative strategies and tactics grounded in a solid foundation of behavioral science. Learn in a cost effective way what the most successful companies in the world teach their employees!