Motivate yourself to practice guitar
What you'll learn
- To motivate yourself and bring back your enthusiasm to practice guitar
- How to establish your practice routine
- To organize your time
- How to prepare for performance or a concert
- How to behave on stage or on informal performance
- No requirements
“If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it.” Jan Paderewski
(1860–1941) Polish pianist
The importance of practicing the instrument is well understood from most of the students and parents.
This course is not about what exercises or scales to practice, it is rather to provoke you to think in a bit different direction.
You will learn:
· how to motivate yourself and bring back your enthusiasm,
· how to organize yourself and how to establish your practice routine,
· how to make your practice time more efficient more productive and the most important,
· how to make your practice time more enjoyable.
The course is designed in three virtual parts.
in the first one you will understand:
· more about the music as an activity,
· about yourself as an aficionado and music lover,
· about the components of the guitar lesson.
All that will help you understand, how you got here and why are you struggling. In other words, we will try to locate and explain the complications that you may have.
In the second part you will learn:
· what you should work on,
· what aspects of your assumptions about the music will need to be reconciled and cleared?
· You will learn about the necessity of defining your musical goals.
Finally, in the third part you will learn step by step:
· How are you going to solve your problems what things you need to do in order to benefit from your guitar activities?
· How to establish your daily routine and how to stick to it.
· What to do with your routine once you establish it
· How to improve and keep your motivation and enthusiasm.
· How to make your everyday practice time feel enjoyable.
· How to prepare yourself for upcoming concert or performance.
· How to behave on stage, in general, or in an informal setting while performing your music.
Who this course is for:
- Students who are learning or are attempting to learn Classical Guitar but struggle to practice
- Parents who would love to see their children more involved in their musical activities
Valentin Spasov is a Classical guitar teacher, performer, composer and conductor, graduate of the renown Academy of Musical and Dance Art in Bulgaria, Master in music from university of Plovdiv. Valentin is a music educator certified by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
To his professional acclaim, Spasov has featured in two albums for classical guitar recordings - “Classical Guitar Collection volume 1 (2008), “Sikha” album (2013) and has published “Classical Guitar Course for Beginners” Volume 1 (2003), “ Guitar Reflections” (2008). In addition he is an author of four volumes “Classical Guitar course for adults” written in 2009 which is the base for his Udemy course “Classical Guitar Course for Adults”.
Spasov is credited with the creation of a guitar faculty at the Hristo Botev high School Russe – Bulgaria, where he taught, as well as founding two Guitar orchestras during his career to date.
Valentin’s work contains also a large number of arrangements and own compositions for classical guitar orchestra. His extensive artistic experience includes work with the National Opera of Ruse and the city’s Philharmonic Orchestra.
At the moment he is based in Dubai - U.A.E. and works as a classical guitar teaches at his own company Valentin’s Guitar Academy. Teaching guitar is the core in his more than 30 years career as a musician.