Mostly Painless Synopsis Writing Workshop
What you'll learn
- Write a rough draft of your novel synopsis, in a mostly painless way.
- Step by step guide to help guide you creating the rough draft. Honest!
- Opportunity to join our Discord group and possibly get feedback from other students.
- Opportunity to get half-off a proof editing of your synopsis from a certified editor.
- Completed manuscript or outline of your novel. Or, for plotters wanting to create their outline using the questions.
We all hate writing a synopsis. Okay, maybe there are a few people out there who love writing synopses, but for most of us, the idea of writing a two-page, five-page, or ten-page synopsis for our completed manuscript meets with the same amount of enthusiasm as flossing, ironing, and diaper-changing. We know it has to be done but this is the author adulting task we dread.
Best-selling author SG Redling, and RWA Mentor of the Year, Tobi Doyle created this self-paced course to guide you step-by-step to create a rough draft of your synopsis. With over 20 engaging short videos, they break down each part and include assignments to create your synopsis draft.
This course is intended for fiction novel writers who have completed their manuscript. Plotters may use this course to create an outline for their novel. The course materials include transcripts for each of the videos and a pdf of the synopsis for SG Redling’s The Widow File. The course is intended to be used and reused every time the participant needs to write a synopsis.
Finally, participants will be given an opportunity to join the Intensive Genre Workshop Discord synopsis group and meet other writers. This community is intended to help writers meet other writers to get feedback, revise, and polish their work.
Who this course is for:
- Authors, genre writers, writers of any level who hate writing a synopsis.
A hybrid romance author, Tobi has published over a dozen romance books. She writes HEAs with heat and humor, romantic suspense, and cozy mysteries. A workshop junkie, and energized by teaching, Tobi’s is excited to work with other genre writers, helping them hone their craft. A member of the RWA’s Pen to Paper committee, she’s helped create a guide to romance writing. She’s also the current President of RWA’s romantic suspense chapter, Kiss of Death, a member of Central Ohio Fiction Writers, West Virginia Writers and other local writing groups.