Monitoring and Alerting with Prometheus
What you'll learn
- Install, Configure and run Prometheus
- Setup Alerting in Prometheus
- Visualizing data in Grafana
- Implementing Prometheus within your own applications
- Enable metrics & alerting on throughout your infrastructure
- Implement instrumentation
- Prometheus will be installed during the course on a VM using DigitalOcean (you'll get a coupon to launch a droplet without charge)
- No Prometheus experience is required to take this course
- The course assumes basic Linux knowledge but the labs can easily be followed in the demos
If you're in a DevOps, Cloud or SRE role, you'll understand how important monitoring & alerting is. You cannot build a successful application, or run a company without having a system that monitors your systems and applications and reports when something goes wrong. You need instrumentation in order to be successful.
Prometheus is the leading open-source monitoring system that can collect metrics from all your systems, including Linux servers, Windows Servers, Database Servers and any application you have written. It's inspired on Google's Borgmon, which uses time-series data as a datasource, to then send alerts based on this data.
This course will show you how to install and configure Prometheus on a Linux server. This course will use a VM on DigitalOcean, but you can install Prometheus on any modern Linux OS. We'll show you how to make visualizations (graphs) using Grafana. When building these graphs, you'll get to know PromQL, the language to query Prometheus and get meaningful data displayed. You'll also learn how to setup alerts to receive notifications when something goes wrong. Lastly, we have a section on use-cases to showcase you some real world examples.
You get a $100 DigitalOcean coupon when you enter a valid payment method to be able to install Prometheus on DigitalOcean.
We have both worked in the Tech/Finance industry in San Fransisco, New York City and London. We now run a consultancy business where we help our clients implement their Cloud & DevOps strategy. Using our expertise, we can deliver you this great training with real world examples and guide you when you have questions.
Enroll in this course now and install, configure and use Prometheus. Become great at monitoring your infrastructure!
Who this course is for:
- DevOps, Cloud Engineers and SREs,who would like to learn implement a Monitoring and Alerting solution
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about monitoring & alerting with Prometheus
I've been a System Administrator and full stack developer for over 10 years, the typical profile for a DevOps engineer. I've been working in multiple organizations and startups. I've cofounded a startup that focusses on applying DevOps and Cloud. I have been training people in newer technologies, like Big Data. I've trained a lot of people working in FTSE 100 & S&P 100 companies. Today I mainly work together with companies to improve their software delivery processes, while coaching and teaching on platforms like Udemy.
I'm a DevOps enthusiast and have been applying the principals of DevOps in every single team I've worked with. Our clients are based all over the world from San Francisco to Brussels(my home town). Due to our divers client base it's important to stay up to date with all technology. I'm a lot on the road and you can find me once every quarter in San Francisco.