MongooseJS Essentials - Learn MongoDB for Node.js
- You should already have Node.js installed
- You should already have MongoDB installed
In this course we will build a simple application to show how to perform full CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations within Node.js.
We'll be using the Node module MongooseJS. Mongoose allows us to define our models in the form of a schema, along with a simple to use API that abstracts away a lot of the pain of working directly with the MongoDB driver.
First, we will create a Book schema using MongooseJS. We will use string data types to add a title, author and description. Next, we will build a simple server using Express.js. Then we will build 4 routes to query, update and delete Books from our Schema. We will use Postman to perform actions on these routes and check the results in our browser.
What You Will Learn
- Build CRUD Applications
- Create Mongoose Schemas
- Design Routes using Express.js
- Create a Server using Express.js
- Build a RESTful API
- This course is intended for those who are already familiar with the basics of both Node.js and MongoDB. This includes an understanding of the CommonJS pattern of requiring in modules along with an understanding of simple data types defined within MongoDB.
- What is MongooseJS
- Schema Design
- Build a CRUD App - Part 1
- Build a CRUD App - Part 2
- Build a CRUD App - Part 3
- Build a CRUD App - Part 4
- Test Your Knowledge
- BONUS Lecture: Coupon Codes and Links