Complete MongoDB Administration Guide
What you'll learn
- Deeply understand how MongoDB works - cursor, batch size, iterator
- Launch production database on the Atlas MongoDB - managed cloud-based MongoDB database
- Install and configure production MongoDB on the dedicated or virtual private server
- Understand and use different MongoDB BSON types - ObjectId, ISODate, NumberInt etc.
- Learn how to use MongoDB Shell, Robo 3T (Robomongo), MongoDB Compass for database management
- Perform different kinds of update operations using operators $set, $rename, $addToSet, $push, $inc etc
- Use different kinds of queries and query operators like $in, $eq, $regex, $elemMatch etc.
- Easily combine different aggregation stages like $match, $group, $unwind
- Understand purpose of the indexes and create indexes
- Use backup and restore tools - mongoexport, mongoimport, mongodump and mongorestore
- Basic computer knowledge and of course Mac or PC
- Free Software: MongoDB, Robo 3T(Robomongo), Mongo Compass
Learn how MongoDB works behind the scenes. Course will be focused purely on MongoDB and MongoDB Shell. No external drivers or libraries.
1. You will start from the installation of the MongoDB.
Installation will be performed on the:
- Local computer Mac or PC
- Dedicated or VPS server
- MongoDB Atlas - Cloud MongoDB Software as a Service
You will also install graphical interfaces for MongoDB management:
- Robo 3T (previously Robomongo)
- MongoDB Compass
3. Study primary MongoDB data types - Strings, Numbers, Arrays, Objects, Dates etc. We will talk about JSON and BSON data types and discuss difference between them.
4. Perform all sorts of CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) Operations.
5. Study in-depth MongoDB queries and query language. Different query operators such as $or, $and, $lt, $gt, $type, $in will be deeply covered.
6. MongoDB Aggregation framework
7. MongoDB Indexes and Utilities
Who this course is for:
- Developers who use or are planning to use MongoDB in their projects
- Full-stack developers
Do you really want to understand and practice instead of sitting and watching long presentations or trying to code along without any clue what is happening behind the scenes?
Join me in any of my courses and you will get real knowledge based on the deep understanding of every single topic.
But who am I?
My name is Bogdan Stashchuk and I teach students more than 20 years. I am working as Software Engineer and love to teach and learn myself.
I have a huge experience in explaining difficult things in an easy to understand format backed up with practice activities. That is the perfect combination that enables you to really learn and retain gained knowledge for a long period of time.
Let's connect in the Social Networks! All links you could find under the profile picture.
See you on my courses!