During this course you will learn:
- The masses of atoms and molecules.
- What is the accurate relative atomic mass and how to calculate it?
- How to measure the mass using mass spectrometer and how to calculate the relative atomic mass using data obtained.
- The isotopic mass, and the difference between the isotopic a mass and relative atomic mass.
- The difference between formula mass and relative molecular mass and how to calculate them?
- The units used to describe the amount of substances, and the relation between them.
- Avogadro's constant and relation between Avogadro's constant, mole and grams of a substance.
- How to write the chemical formula and chemical equations?
- The state symbols of a reaction and how to use state symbols to write complete chemical equations.
- What are the empirical and molecular formulas and how to write them?
- How to balance chemical equations?
- Mole calculations, and how to obtain mole value from mass or volume of a substance.
- Deduce the stoichiometry of a reaction.
- Solution and concentrations
- How to perform titration experiments and collecting data.
- How to calculate the concentration of a solution using titration.
- Calculations involving gas volumes, and how to obtain the stoichiometry of a reaction using the volume of gasses.
During the course we will solve many exercises, and there is an end to course exercises to help you to master the calculations involving moles and equations. Enroll now and start learning!