Module 4 EVIDENCED BASED STRETCHING AND MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
What you'll learn
- Understand the latest theories on stretching and what it actually is.
- Describe and Apply Six Major types of Stretching
- Identify Hypermobility Syndrome and what precautions apply
- Understand current theories on the fascial system and applications to a yoga practice
- How to utilize self myofascial manipulation techniques to incorporate in a yoga practice
- Review Case Studies implementing Yoga Corrective Exercise
- User Friendly information about stretching and myofascial techniques plus practical applications you can use tomorrow!
In this course, you will learn the latest theories on stretching and what is happening with the soft tissue and nervous system when we perform various types of stretching and myofascial release. We review descriptions and applications of 6 major types of stretching. We will identify Hypermobility Syndrome and what precautions apply, as well as how to address it safely and effectively. We discuss current theories on the fascial system and applications to a yoga practice. Explore Self Myofascial Manipulation Techniques to incorporate in a yoga practice through myofascial unwinding, self myofascial release and foam rolling techniques. Add to your toolbox as a yoga teacher or yoga therapist. Improve your ability to help your students move more easefully with less discomfort and more freedom.
This Module can be taken as a stand alone course or as a part of the 5 modules in the Yoga Corrective Exercise Specialist Program with FitYogaTherapy.
If you wish to receive designation as a certified Yoga Corrective Exercise Specialist, you can complete the optional homework assignments for all five modules .
You will earn 6.0 Yoga Alliance CEUS and 4 IAYT CEU's for completing the course.
The FYT Method is a comprehensive approach to improve ease of movement through structural alignment, sequential corrective yoga exercise and effective client communication. Become well-equipped to help your clients achieve improved function and pain-free living.
Who this course is for:
- Experienced Yoga Teachers and Yoga Therapists
- Healthcare Practitioners with experience in yoga
- Yoga Practitioners
Chrys Kub is a certified yoga therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapy, a licensed physical therapist and certified personal trainer. In 2000, she began her journey with yoga and began to integrate therapeutic techniques within her practice and teaching. FitYogaTherapy provides an experience which brings together asana, breath and therapeutic tools to persons who are fit as well as those who are healing injuries.