Modern Productivity — Superhuman Focus In A Distracted World
What you'll learn
- Develop a productive mindset and stay motivated
- Develop strong self-discipline and use the power of habit to your advantage
- Understand the difference between busy work and productive work
- Minimize the many distractions of modern life
- Understand the truth about multitasking
- Break your compulsive social media habit
- Take charge of your time and stop living on other people's schedules
- Identify your peak hours for productivity and become an early riser (if you want to)
- Set long term goals and break those goals down into actionable tasks
- Conduct annual, quarterly, and weekly reviews of your life
- Use a task manager to plan and organize your work
- Develop a strong work ethic
- Stop procrastination in its tracks using a very simple strategy
- Increase your efficiency with deadlines
- Avoid burnout by changing the way you work
- Understand how music affects your productivity
- No experience necessary—however, you should be ready, willing, and able to adopt the habits and behaviors outlined in the course. There's nothing to it but to do it!
Why does productivity matter?
We all have goals and ambitions, but most of us aren't on track to reach our goals because we're not taking the right action at the right time and with the right consistency.
We live in a world that's constantly distracted. Everyone seems to be chasing short-term gratification over long-term achievement. And it's not necessarily their fault—we have people and companies competing for our attention during every single moment of our waking lives.
The result is a global economy where focus and productivity are infinitely more valuable than almost any other trait—including talent and intelligence.
In this course, we'll walk through a variety of strategies that you can implement to reclaim your focus, maximize your productivity, and achieve your goals.
More specifically, here are some of the things we'll cover:
- How to adopt a productive mindset
- How to stay motivated
- How to develop strong self-discipline and use the power of habit to boost your productivity
- The key differences between busy people and productive people
- How to minimize the distractions of modern life
- The truth about multitasking
- How social media is KILLING your productivity (and what to do about it)
- The benefits of waking up early and how to become an early riser in less than a week
- How to set long-term goals and break those goals down into actionable tasks
- How to conduct annual, quarterly, and weekly reviews to increase your productivity and improve your life
- How to use a task manager to plan and organize your work
- How to develop a strong work ethic
- A simple strategy you can use to stop procrastination in its tracks
- How you can increase your efficiency with deadlines
- How to focus for longer periods of time while avoiding burnout by changing the way you work
- How music impacts productivity
By the end of the course, you'll have all the tools you need to become the most productive version of yourself—it's just a matter of putting it all into action.
This course is based on hundreds of hours of research, as well as my own personal experience in building two successful media companies. The strategies you'll find inside are used by some of the world's most productive and successful people to get things done—and it's all neatly packaged and presented in a format that makes it easy to digest and implement.
So if you're ready to stop procrastinating and start bringing your most ambitious goals to life, get yourself enrolled and give these productivity strategies a try. They've made a huge difference in my life, and I hope they'll do the same for you.
I'm really confident that you'll love this course, and my confidence is backed by Udemy's 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't love it, you get your money back—no questions asked.
With all of that in mind, I hope to see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has goals they want to achieve
Brad Merrill is the CEO of Merrill Media, a modern holding company focused on building independent, scalable businesses at the intersection of technology and media. He is regarded as an expert in his field, teaching business and technology courses to more than 100,000 students and providing marketing training to a number of prominent startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Merrill considers himself a passionate creative: he loves creating articles, videos, websites, companies, workflows, and new ideas. He has been creating things on the web since 2007, working on dozens of projects and reaching tens of millions of people in the process.
In 2010, Merrill founded VentureBreak, which became a leading source of news about innovation for forward-thinking entrepreneurs, investors, business executives, and interested consumers. Under his leadership, VentureBreak served more than half a million monthly readers, appeared regularly on Techmeme, and found itself cited by a number of notable publications, including the Wall Street Journal. While at the helm, Merrill personally interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs and industry luminaries, sharing their stories with VentureBreak’s global audience. In 2015, VentureBreak was acquired by the organizer of Europe’s largest technology meetup.
Merrill still has his finger on the pulse of the industry as he works to build new properties in today’s evolving media landscape. One such property is GigaPress, a comprehensive source of free resources for WordPress bloggers, creators, and freelancers.
In addition to developing authoritative new media brands, Merrill leads mDash, an online education studio that specializes in condensing years of industry experience and extensive research into engaging, digestible online courses for students in more than 180 countries.