Learning Path: Modern DevOps
What you'll learn
- Gain skills in order to add resilient services to your app or infrastructure by learning configuration management, continuous deployment, and other DevOps techniques
- Employ the advantageous features of Git in your projects to optimize your workflow
- Explore opportunities with Docker to achieve rapid application deployment, reliability, scalability, and portability across machines and clouds
- Deploy and configure Puppet and learn advanced techniques in a medium to large organization
- Prior system administration experience will be an added advantage.
Ready to get more efficient and effective in overcoming day-to-day IT infrastructure challenges? Let’s take advantage of the DevOps revolution!
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
DevOps looks at software development in a whole new way. You can automate and build configurations for infrastructure servers and then address areas of automation, continuous deployment, containers, and monitoring. Git, Docker, and Puppet are the foremost tools in the modern DevOps world.
This Learning Path covers a deep dive into DevOps with the Mastering DevOps section. We then cover the basics of version control using Git with the Learning Git section. Further on, we move towards mastering containerization using Docker in the Mastering Docker section. Finally, we learn how to leverage Puppet to ease configuration management in our IT infrastructure.
We have designed this course keeping in mind what modern DevOps engineers require to fully utilize the resources in hand.
About The Author
This Learning Path is authored by some of the best in their fields.
Dave Mangot is the director of operations for Librato and Papertrail and an accomplished systems engineer with over 20 years of experience. He has led transformations of multiple companies both in operational maturity and in a deeper adherence to DevOps thinking.
Shrikrishna Holla is a full-stack developer and entrepreneur based in Bengaluru. He builds and maintains sigalrm.io, a service that provides actionable alerts, allowing your engineers to take immediate remedial measures.
Thomas Uphill is a long-time user of Puppet. He has presented Puppet tutorials at LOPSA-East, Cascada, and PuppetConf. He has also been a system administrator for over 20 years, working primarily with RedHat systems. He runs the Puppet User Group of Seattle (PUGS).
Who this course is for:
- This video targets system administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the skills needed to work in DevOps teams. No prior knowledge of Git is required, although a fair idea of what Docker is all about is an advantage. This Learning Path assumes intermediate-level knowledge of Puppet.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.