Modern DevOps in Practice
What you'll learn
- DevOps concepts, design patterns, developing strategy, and methodologies.
- Explore popular tools available for continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Use terraform to automate your infrastructure.
- Containerization using Docker.
- Container orchestration using AKS (Kubernetes).
- Kubernetes and KubeCtl basics.
- Create build configurations to address automation, continuous deployment, containers, and monitoring.
- Integrate a Dockerized app with DevOps style automated workflows.
- Scripting using Bash and Powershell
- Custom tools and helpers using GoLang.
- Additional infrastructure and services (vault, container registry, git) to support the pipeline.
- Build a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Pipeline using Azure DevOps.
- Kubernetes, application, and VM monitoring and logging.
- This course contains examples and demonstrations and will walk you through everything you need to know step by step, by providing you with helpful tips along the way. At the end of the modules, there will be quizzes to help reinforce the topics that you learned from the module.
If you’re facing issue of decreased frequency of deployment, high new releases failure rate and longer lead time between fixes than modern DevOps is the answer for your problems. DevOps looks at software development in a whole new way. Let’s take advantage of DevOps to overcome day-to-day IT infrastructure challenges in a more efficient and effective manner.
Modern DevOps in Practice will introduce you to modern Development Operations (DevOps), how to utilize it in your development environment work with tools (Terraform and Azure DevOps). After this course you’ll be able to bring more automation and standardization to the development process, human errors can be significantly reduced and it will be best practices more efficiently shared across teams. Continuous delivery will help you save time setting up and fixing your working environments. Additionally you will learn about the fundamental principles of DevOps and how to transform your team into one that follows the core of DevOps.
By the end of this course you will feel comfortable with what DevOps learn how to utilize modern day tools to better ship code and provide high availability environments.
About the Author
Cory W. Cordell is a focused technologist that has a great passion for Software Engineering and DevOps. He believes that the application of DevOps principles are essential in staying competitive in today's technologically sophisticated market.
Who this course is for:
- This video targets system administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the skills needed to work in DevOps teams.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.