Modern Data Warehouse Concepts
What you'll learn
- What is the need to move from a traditional Data Warehouse to a Modern Data Warehouse?
- What are the benefits to an Enterprise to move on to a Modern Data Warehouse?
- On what basis should we consider to move from a traditional Data Warehouse to a Modern Data Warehouse
- What are the common use cases we should consider when considering the option of Modernizing the traditional Data Warehouse?
- Data Warehouse Concepts - Good to have but not mandatory.
- Cloud Data Warehouse Concepts - Good to have but not mandatory.
The objective of this course is to learn/know the fundamentals of the Modern Data Warehouse and what strategies can be used move from a traditional Data Warehouse in combination of Big Data Technologies, Data Lakes and Data Visualization.
A Modern Data Warehouse gives us flexibility to analyze the data we need, in the format we need it by using familiar tools , technologies, concepts like Big Data, Hadoop, Cloud Ecosystems, BI tools and SQL/NoSQL. A Modern Data Warehouse will be able to consume and process variety of data formats like the semi structured, unstructured and multi structured. These data sets come in multiple formats and are generated from a non-transactional systems such as machines, sensors, and customer interaction streams. These systems are not only varied but also, they're producing data at volumes, varieties, and velocities like we've never seen before. This kind of data is not new. We've actually had multi-structured data for a long time, but very few organizations could work with it before because it is so expensive to store and so hard to connect or link them using the traditional data warehouse architectures or models.
Who this course is for:
- Any body interested in learning the basics of Modern Data Warehouse Architectures'
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Professionals
- ETL Developers ( Informatica Power Center, IBM DataStage, Pentaho, Talend etc)
- Data Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Data Science Professionals
- Data Engineers
- BI/Reporting Professionals
- Project Managers
- ETL/DWH Testers
- Analytics Professionals who want to know how the Modern Data Warehouse Architecures work
- Individual Contributors in the field of Enterprise Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse/ Data Lake
- Mainframe Developers and Architects who want to switch to the Data Warehouse/ Modern Data Warehouse /Business Intelligence World
Business Intelligence Consultant and Trainer with 14+ years of extensive work experience on various client engagements. Delivered many large data warehousing projects and trained numerous professionals on business intelligence technologies. Extensively worked on all facets of data warehousing including requirement gathering, gap analysis, database design, data integration, data modeling, enterprise reporting, data analytics, data quality, data visualization, OLAP.
Has worked on broad range of business verticals and hold exceptional expertise on various ETL tools like Informatica Powercenter, SSIS, ODI and IDQ, Data Virtualization, DVO, MDM.