Modelling & Simulation of Switched Reluctance Motor & Drive
What you'll learn
- Learn different mathematical modelling techniques
- How to develop mathematical model for your own SRM
- Comparison of different mathematical models
- How to connect simulink SRM model with simpowersystem library
- Learn detail about SRM model available in MATLAB library
- Simulation of commutation pulse generator, converters & current limiter for SRM drive
- Simulation of open-loop SRM Drive
- Simulation of speed control methods including hysteresis current control, voltage PWM control, and commutation angle control
- Simulation of various closed-loop speed control drives
- Simulation of load characteristics & effect of snubber circuit parameters
- Simulation of electric braking and regenerative braking
- Assignments & tips for research work
- Perks: Helpful resources, data & research papers
- Fundamentals of Switched Reluctance Motor
- Basic use of MATLAB “simulink” and “simpowersystem” library
- Basic Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Switched reluctance motor (SRM) offers many advantages over other motors mainly for their simple mechanical structure and magnetless operation. After first demonstration in mid 18’s, SRM not only survived but also gaining interest exponentially amongst researchers due to availability of advanced, sophisticated and economical power electronics devices. Global interest of energy efficient transportation system is the main reason for current hike in the research trend of SRM and considered as best suitable energy efficient and cost effective motor to power electric vehicles.
MATLAB Simulation plays a very important role in the research and development of engineering projects, products and system. It helps predicting performance of the system, to validate control strategies and saves the time of product development.
I am Dr. Jignesh Makwana, started working on SRM in 2005 and then I have published numbers of research paper and book chapters in reputed IEEE conferences and SCI journals. I completed my Phd on Switched Reluctance Motor from prestigious Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) in 2013. I provided consultancy to several industries for design and development of SRM drive. I came with this course to help students who wish to work with SRM for their dissertation or project work.
This course includes all the necessary detail required to design and develop simulation model of SRM Drive. It explains and compares different non-linear mathematical modelling techniques to model SRM. MATLAB simulations of SRM & drive have been explained step by step including motor model, commutation pulse generation, current control, voltage pwm control, speed control techniques, closed loop control techniques, load characteristics, electric & regenerative braking and more. All these simulation models have been developed runtime to have learning experience like hands-on MATLAB workshop instead of just power point presentation.
Have a look at the course contents and join the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is specially design for those who want to start their research work or project work in the field of switched reluctance motor drive.
- This course is most suitable to PG/Phd students (research scholar) of electrical, electronic, power system or power electronics engineering.
- This course is useful for UG students who willing to do their final year project work on Switched Reluctance Motor Drive.
Dr. Jignesh Makwana started his academic career in 2004. He received a Phd degree in Electrical Engineering with the specialization in power electronics & drive from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in 2013. His interest and enthusiasm for teaching & learning, research & development and innovations in all fields lead him as a good contributor in the academic & industrial field. He has vast academic experience with various reputed universities & institutes. Dr. Jignesh Makwana has international exposure of visiting several countries and representing expertise in the field of power electronics converters, artificial intelligence, renewable energy, etc. He published a number of research papers in international and national conferences and reputed journals. He guided a number of UG and PG students for their dissertation and project works. He is former head of the department of Electrical Engineering Department at Marwadi University, Rajkot, Gujarat. He is founder & director of RhyMak Electronics which involves in design and development of electrical vehicles & accessories and electronic products. He provided consultancy service to several industries for the design of power electronics and special motors. He is also founder and active online instructor at Rhyni - Tech Skills & Fundamentals, hub of online self paced courses, with 3500+ students from 120+ countries.