Labnaf Part 2: Modeling with Labnaf - The Basics
What you'll learn
- Modeling with Labnaf
- Model repository content organization
- Model repository content lifecycle
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Get a free version of the Labnaf software (no end date). See Section 1 then 2. Resources for Hands-on
- Completion of the training "Labnaf Unified Framework for Driving Transformations"
- Needed if you want to practice using the hands-on: Free Labnaf Addin Lite, Sparx Enterprise Architect Lite (download instructions at the end of the course description)
Labnaf is a software and unified framework for visualizing your enterprise and for driving transformations.
It brings productivity, consistency and cross-discipline collaboration by merging and extending standards into one single process, modeling language and software.
Labnaf helps you understand your organization, envision its future, plan transformations and describe architecture solutions using multi-dimensional models, charts, analysis and reports.
The framework and the software are highly and easily customizable.
During this course, you will learn modeling with Labnaf and how to organize, share and reuse content throughout the repository content life-cycle.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
What you will learn specifically:
· How to automatically optimize the user interface for Labnaf.
· How to create Labnaf diagrams to represent structure or connections.
· How to provide meaningful diagram names.
· How to change the type of an existing diagram.
· Multiple ways of creating Labnaf elements either one by one or in a row.
· Multiple ways of creating Labnaf connectors.
· How to generate connectors for child elements.
· How to manage connectors visibility on diagrams and prevent undesired connectors to appear.
· Understand how the repository is organized into portfolios, catalogs, elements and diagrams.
· How to manage the content structure and life-cycle from initial architecture work, to collaborative modeling, architecture approval, integration in the shared catalogs and updating architecture states (As-Is, Transition, To-be).
· How to create alternative architecture solutions
· Understand where to model what type of content
· Jump start modeling a specific model structure by reusing any part of the canonical folder structure
· Understand how the Labnaf productivity tools leverage the repository content organization during the architecture content life-cycle, including value calculation, diagram generation, Excel and CSV generation, Word, RTF and PDF generation, connector generation and HTML web site publication.
RESOURCES NEEDED FOR HANDS-ONS
Who this course is for:
- Enterprise architects
- Solution architects
- Infrastructure architects
- Sparx Enterprise Architect users
Alain De Preter is a Belgian expert developing architecture frameworks, modelling languages and software technologies. He has more than 35 years of international experience in innovation projects leading to large-scale deployments.
He is the founder of Labnaf, a company that helps clients understand their organization, envision its future and plan transformations using multidimensional visualization, analytics, and highly automated modeling software.