- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Perform hydraulic studies of natural or artificial channels.
- Evaluate areas of flooding of rivers and streams.
- Plan the territory based on areas of flooding or hydraulic public domain.
- Perform simulations of channels or hydraulic structures.
- Incorporate the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to facilitate and improve hydraulic studies.
- No previous technical or software knowledge is required, although it may facilitate the rapid development of the course having previously used ArcGIS or another GIS.
- Before starting, you must have ArcGIS 10 installed, and the Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions activated.
- Discipline and eager to learn.
This practical course starts from scratch and is designed step by step, with practical exercises, which allow you to know the essential fundamentals in the management of Hec-RAS.
With Hec-RAS you will have the ability to conduct flood studies and determine flood areas, integrating it with urban planning and land planning.
Compared to other courses that focus solely on explaining technical knowledge, this course also gives a detailed and simple description of all the steps to follow from when we want to start a flood study until its final presentation, making use of the experience accumulated after More than 10 years conducting such studies for administrations, private promoters or research projects.
The course served in english, but includes subtitles to many other languages.
- Graduates or students in degrees related to the management of the territory or the environment, such as Engineers, Geographers, Architects, Geologists, Environmental Sciences, etc.
- Consultants or professionals interested in territory management, natural hazards or hydraulic management.