Model a Product in Maya to Sell on Shapeways 3D Print Store
- basic knowledge of Maya
A crash course for modeling a basic dollhouse chair for selling in your Shapeways store. In this course, you will learn:
1. How to model a dollhouse 1:24 chair in Maya from scratch using Maya modeling tools
2. How to prepare the model for exporting to a DAE_FBX format for export to Shapeways
3. How to specify the scale inside Maya using a 'distance measuring tool'
4. How to upload your model to Shapeways and check it for integrity
5. How to create your product page and tips on how to start your own e-commerce Shapeways store.
Learn all this completely free!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners of 3D in Maya and E-Commerce
Hi, my name is Young and I have worked in Visual Effects and Computer Animation for over ten years in New York City for studios such as The Mill, Psyop, Absolute Post and Brand New School. I am now a VFX supervisor for TV shows in Taiwan and China and teach Visual Effects at the university level. I am also an actor and filmmaker specializing in Action Sci-Fi films. I hope to share my knowledge of film and VFX to the next generation of budding digital artists!