Mockito: Next-Level Java Unit Testing
What you'll learn
- Enrich Java JUnit tests with mocks
- Learn the latest Mockito 5 version
- Run unit tests with mocks in Eclipse
- Work on practical, real-world testing problems
- Follow mocking best practices
- Have Java programming skills – create classes with fields/methods, know primitive data types like int or double, understand the basics of lists and maps
- Know JUnit 5 – understand how unit tests work, and why they are important
- Install Eclipse IDE – you can download the IDE for free
Welcome! My name's Adrian and I'm a professional Java Developer. You've just found the highest rated course about Mockito on Udemy! That's the only course that teaches the latest Mockito 5. Here are some examples chosen from the reviews :
• "one of the best courses I finished on Udemy"
• "clear explanations, real-life examples, and this accent"
• "the best instructor here so far"
According to statistics, nearly 50% of all Java developers use Mockito when they write tests for their Java applications. It’s a basic skill required by most employees, so if you want to start your Java Developer career or take it to another level, you’ll have to write unit tests. With Mockito, you’ll write them better and faster.
In this course, you’ll learn only the practical aspects of Mockito 5 – the latest version of the most popular mocking framework for Java applications.
I’ll introduce only the essential theory behind mocking, and then dive straight into the code to get you started as quickly as possible. I’ll use an example of a simple, but practical Java project to show you a variety of mocking techniques. You'll also learn the best practices and coding standards for unit tests based on my developing experience.
This course also comes with a one-page cheat sheet for a quick Mockito 4 reference. You’re welcome to use it freely after the course—it’s bound to save you hours!
• concise – my short video lectures focused on the most important info help you save time and learn maximally effectively,
• based on practice – instead of useless academic theory, you learn the best developing practices drawn from my work experience,
• reasonably priced – compared to stationary developer bootcamps, the course is much cheaper, so you save not only time but also money,
• available anywhere, anytime – the online form lets you run the course in the most convenient place (at home, work or in a café) and time (while commuting by metro or relaxing at home after work), so you can adjust it to your agenda,
• accessible on desktop, mobile and TV – you can display my lectures on the device of your choice, so you don’t have to stick to your PC,
• certificate of completion – after completing the course, you will receive a printable certificate that will make your resume more attractive.
Intro video music courtesy of Bensound
Who this course is for:
- People with basic Java and JUnit knowledge who want to learn more advanced tests with mocks
- Students who want to prepare for their first IT job
- Developers who know Mockito 2 or 3 but want to learn Mockito 4 or 5
- Java passionates who want to write better tests
My name’s Adrian and I’m a senior software developer. I specialise in back-end languages such as Java and Python. My programmer portfolio also includes lots of database technologies: both SQL and NoSQL databases. I hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
I have over 8 years of experience teaching people IT online. What makes my courses special is their practical background – I’m an active developer, not an IT theorist, so I know the best practices. I also know what programming skills are in demand.
My courses are:
- based on practice so that you don’t learn useless theory,
- straight to the point to save your time,
- easily digestible because I want you to understand it all without problems.