• Video Journalism Trainer & Consultant
• Author, "Mobile Journalism" (2020) & "Smartphone Video Storytelling" (2018)
Robb Montgomery is an American mobile journalism and documentary film expert based in Berlin.
Montgomery trains journalists and TV correspondents in more than 30 countries for Reuters, CNN, IREX, The New York Times, Journalism Co UK, Mediacorp, Radio Free Europe, TVN, BILD, INTERNEWS, and VRT public broadcasters.
He is a former editor for Chicago Tribune the author of two textbooks: Mobile Journalism (2020 Visual Editors, Chicago) and Smartphone Video Storytelling (2018 Routledge Press – New York & London).
He is listed in the U.S. Speaker's bureau and delivers workshops for U.S Embassies worldwide.
As a media development trainer, Montgomery leads programs in Video Reporting, Digital Transformation and Broadcast Television worldwide.
Montgomery teaches at journalism schools in Paris, Berlin, London, Cairo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Singapore.
His Smart Film School certificate courses and textbooks are accredited by more than 100 schools and universities.
• Former editor: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times
• Journalism professor
• Digital Transformation consultant for United Nations, Reuters Foundation, Red Cross, IREX, WAN-IFRA, and HT Media.
• Filmmaker / Winner of Film Festivals in L.A., Berlin and Moscow.
• Chair, Mobile Journalism Awards
• Mobile Creator
Smartphone Video Storytelling (2018 Taylor & Francis, New York & London)
Videos mit dem Smartphone (2019 dPunkt Verlag - German language edition)
Mobile Journalism (2020 Visual Editors, Chicago)