Android Game Development in Android Studio and Java
What you'll learn
- You'll be able to build 4 complete games in less than 5 hours
- Create an efficient game loop in Android
- How to animate objects in Android
- Building android game by writing code in Android Studio and Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
- You'll be able to brush-up your Java skills
- Learn Android Game Development Fundamentals
- You'll have a clear understanding of the Core Concepts behind a 2D Game
- We'll be using Java in this course, and since it's an OOP language, it may be important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Java specifically.
- You should have Android Studio installed
- You should have some experience in Android Development using Android Studio
- Some basic programming experience like variables, conditions, loops, methods, class and object
- You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development
Hi, welcome to the Android Game Development Course. Here, we'll be creating these 4 games from scratch, using only Android Studio and Java: 1) Retro Ping Pong game, 2) Bird Hunt game 3) Balloon Shooter game and 4) Duck Hunt game. I only except you know a little bit of Java programming like using variables, loops, objects, etc. Other than that, I expect that you have the latest version of Android Studio installed on your Pc.
******* Some Amazing Reviews From Our Learners *******
★★★★★ Very good introduction to game development without other tools. Haven't done anything with Touch-Control and it was nicely presented by Sandip. The translation/transsript is not allways clear but if you have basic/good English Skills it should be easy to follow. Overall thumbs up and 5 stars.
★★★★★ Detailed descriptions of how to work within Android. Excellent so far!
★★★★★ Wow, very good course for an all level of developer where you can learn about canvas, working with velocity, the fun of doing coding in a logical way with animation. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this game development tutorial.
★★★★★ Good course content and easy to understand for the beginners.
★★★★★ Excellent Course
★★★★★ excellent course for the people who like to learn how to build mobile game. Eagerly waiting for the more courses in this topic.
★★★★★ Also explain on shared preferances so it'll be easier to understand.
Who am I? and Why should you learn from me?
I am Sandip Bhattacharya, and I published more than 10 android games on Google Play. Moreover, I have successfully trained thousands of Udemy students on game development in my other game development courses on Udemy. So, I happen to know about game programming and some experience to teach you how to make an android game from scratch. In this course, I'll teach you how to make four complete games from start to finish, step by step. You'll learn about XML layout designing, how to create a custom View class, override onDraw() method, how to create an efficient game loop in Android with Java, how to write game logic, draw and animate Bitmap images, detect Touch Events, handle Collision between objects, play Sound Effects, display Score and Health Indicator, save Personal Best score using Android SharedPreferences class, add features like Restart and Exit in GameOver screen and much more.
What will you learn in your course?
You'll be able to build 4 complete games in less than 5 hours
Learn to create efficient game loop in Android
How to animate objects in Android
Building android games by writing code in Android Studio and Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
You'll be able to brush-up your Java skills
Learn Android Game Development Fundamentals
You'll have a clear understanding of the Core Concepts behind a 2D Android Game
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
You should have latest version of Android Studio installed
You should have some experience in Android Development using Android Studio
Some basic programming experience like variables, conditions, loops, methods, class, object etc.
You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development
Who are the ideal students for this course?
If you want to learn the Core Concepts of 2D Game Development like making an infinite Game Loop, Animation, Touch Event, Collision Detection, Playing Sound effects, Health, Displaying Score and Saving Personal Best etc. then this course is right for you
This course is perfectly suitable for Absolute Beginners interested in making Android Games from scratch
Beginner to Android Game Development
Beginner to Android development
Beginner to Java programming
If you're curious about building an android game from scratch using only Android Studio and by writing code in Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
I hope you'll enjoy my hands-on teaching style. We have a lot to cover. So, Enroll now and start making games with Android Studio and Java.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to learn the Core Concepts of 2D Game Development like Animation, Touch Event, Collision Detection, Playing Sound, Health Bar, Displaying Score and Saving Personal Best etc. then this course is right for you
- This course is perfectly suitable for Absolute Beginners interested in making Android Games from scratch
- Beginner to Android Game Development
- Beginner to Android development
- Beginner to Java programming
- If you're curious about building an android game from scratch by writing code in Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
Hello, I am Sandip and I am a Programmer, YouTuber, Online Course Creator and Entrepreneur from India. I have 13 years of overall programming and teaching experience including Android apps and game development, Web development and multiple programming languages like C, C++, Java and PHP/MySQL. I obtained my B. Tech and M. Tech degree, both in Computer Science & Engineering. Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity and Deep Honesty are the three pillars of my life.
I have trained many aspirant computer science students and software professionals one-on-one in various software practices all over the world. I am currently creating online courses for different online learning platforms and working from Kolkata, India. I have over 27,000 students from 163 countries on Udemy alone in my 7 courses so far. Isn't it amazing?