Mobile Game Development With Gamemaker Studio
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to setup and use In App Purchases (IAP), in game ads, and leaderboards
- Create Mobile Games with Gamemaker Studio
- Understand how to create and code your own games using Gamemaker Studio's built in scripting language GML
Updated instructions for installing the Android SDK for GMS 1.4.
In this lecture we add sprites and create our flappy bird object aswell as add code to apply gravity every step. We will also add the background for our game.
In this lecture we add our pipe sprites, add our remaining background, and code the player's interaction with the bird (tapping on the screen to make the bird flap upwards). We will also set up our backgrounds to move and different speeds to create a parallax scrolling effect.
In this lecture we add collision checks for our flappy bird for hitting the ground and the pipes. We will also add code to our pipes to have them move.
- This course requires no previous programming experience, however this course does assume you know the very basics of Gamemaker Studio.
- In order to test your mobile game on your android device you need to have at least Gamemaker Studio Pro. You can take this entire course with Gamemaker Studio Pro Without the Android Export Module however, to export your game as an APK to upload to Google Play in the last lecture in this course.. you will also need the Android Export Module.
- Access to a Windows Operating system is required in order to run Gamemaker Studio. On MAC you can install Windows on a Virtual machine.
In this course students will learn how to create mobile games using Gamemaker Studio. This includes learning how to setup and add In App Purchases (IAP), in game ads, and leader boards. Students will also learn to program with Game maker Studio's built in scripting language called GML.
This course takes about 5 hours to complete.
This course will strengthen your programming and game development skills. By the end of this course, you will be ready to develop a variety of video game projects using GameMaker Studio.
What will I learn from this course?
- Students will know How to build a fun mobile game with Gamemaker Studio from scratch.
- Students will know how to Import sprites, sound effects, and background images.
- Students will know how to Program games using Gamemaker Studio's built in language GML Scripting.
- Students will know how to Create a start menu.
- Students will know how to Create game levels with rooms
- Students will know how to Create objects and use events to control them.
- Students will know how to use fonts as sprites.
- Students will know how to add and set leader boards for your game.
- Students will know how to setup and add In App Purchases (IAP).
- Students will know how to add and set in game ads.
- Students will know how to export their game to an APK to upload to Google Play.
- Students will also receive access to a student Discord server where they can ask questions and talk about the course or game development in general.
This course is aimed at development with Gamemaker Studio 1.4.
Course is now compatible with GMS2 via an update lecture.
- Any one from Beginners to Experts can take this course! If your looking to learn Mobile Game Development then your in the right place. Note if your an absolute beginner you may want to learn the absolute basics of Gamemaker as this course assumes you already know them.