What you'll learn
- Set up a Detox NodeJS environment for automatic testing from scratch
- To automate E2E tests for a real native iOS app using Detox test framework
- Structure your code efficiently with the Page-Object Design pattern
- How to make tests reliable and robust
- How to build a Continuous Integration pipeline with Travis-CI and Jenkins working examples
- A MacOS machine in order to be able to run iOS simulators
Course updated at March 2021!!!
In these course I don't want to teach you what you can find on online guides&tutorial, but I show you REAL Test Automation cases based on released iOS app used by thousands of users (Wikipedia app). Also, we will face common impediments and issues you can meet in your test automation coding and we will understand how to manage external agent witch are typical for E2E test flakiness.
You will learn in detail:
➡️ How to setup a NodeJS environment in order to automate your tests using Detox test framework
➡️ How to run and debug an iOS app using XCode
➡️ How to write flexible and maintainable test in Typescript programming language using the Page-Object Design Pattern
➡️ Advanced test execution techinques
➡️ How to properly run test in Continuous Integration using Travis-CI and Jenkins
➡️ Flakiness Management: tips and trick on how to make tests more reliable and strong
MOBILE APP QUALITY: Why automate the most tedious and repetitive tests?
➡️ Saves time and money
➡️ Today it can make the difference between a product that remains on the market and one that dies
➡️ We are in a mobile-first world
➡️ Bugs are simply not acceptable to the end user
➡️ Shorter time to market and faster releases ⏱
➡️ It is funny :D
Who this course is for:
- Manual Tester who want to learn how to automate the most tedious, repetitive and time-consuming tests
- Software Developers who want to learn how to best implement E2E tests
- Curious Mobile/Software Project Managers
- Anyone who wants to understand something about the world of Test Automation and Continuous Integration
I have a degree and a master's degree in Computer Science and for over ten years I have been dealing with software development and automatic tests for the most important IT companies in Italy. I define myself as a Software Engineer with a strong inclination for automatic testing and every tools and infrastructure related to Continuous Testing.
I like to carry out my work according to what are the Agile methodologies, Quality Assurance principles and XP programming.
I usually go straight to the point without beating around the bush trying to teach and convey in a few words what I've learned in years of work .