Mobile Applications Software Testing
What you'll learn
- Mobile Application market overview
- Mobile Application Testing Prerequisites (+ device suggestions)
- Different ways to install test application builds
- How to configure and start an iOS Emulator
- How to configure and start an Android Emulator
- Test Evidence - How to take a screenshot, record a video and capture real live devices logs (iOS & Android)
- Most common mobile specific bugs/issues areas that I check
- How to capture/access mobile application crashlogs (iOS & Android)
- iPadOS Compatibility Mode overview
- How to enable developer mode on a mobile device (iOS & Android)
- Real mobile devices hosted via web browser - overview
- Additional types of mobile testing
- Useful mobile testing desktop tools
- Creating simple XCode automated tests via recording
- MacOS/Windows Desktop (to be able to follow desktop technical lectures)
- A mobile device iOS or Android (to be able follow device specific hands on lectures)
- Understanding of general testing fundamentals
In this course, I will share with you different tips and tricks for testing Software Applications on a Mobile Device. This course focuses on practical knowledge, using real case examples, discussing and showing useful topics concerning mobile devices testing.
In shared lectures following will be discussed:
Mobile Application market overview,
Mobile Application testing prerequisites (+ device suggestions),
Different ways and tools to install test application builds,
How to configure and start an iOS Emulator,
How to configure and start an Android Emulator,
Test Evidence - How to take a screenshot, record a video and capture real live devices logs (iOS & Android),
Most common mobile specific bugs and issues areas that I consider when testing,
How to capture/access mobile application crashlogs (iOS & Android),
iPadOS Compatibility Mode overview,
How to enable developer mode on a mobile device (iOS and Android),
Hosting real mobile devices and connecting to them via web browser - overview,
Other types of mobile testing,
Useful mobile testing desktop tools and resources,
Creating simple automated tests by using XCode test recording functionality without knowledge of SWIFT programming language. We will go over several test cases.
Please note - in this course I am not discussing the basics and fundamentals when it comes to the software testing. We will focus on hands on practical lectures and topics. For Software Testing theory I encourage you to check my other course: "Software Tester: From Zero To Hero!".
Who this course is for:
- Software Testers / QA Technicians wanting to learn practical Mobile Applications (iOS/Android) hands on testing, tips and tricks
Experienced IT Professional (+7 years) who had the privilege to work in various roles and companies (video game tester, functional tester, automated tester, developer) across different industries (gaming, banking, pharmaceuticals) and varied projects.
Daily tasks and challenges required different skills that thanks to Udemy he can share with you. Passionate programmer for Garmin Watch-faces and Xcode iOS Apps.
Deep believer in lifelong learning and knowledge sharing with other people all around the world.