Mobile App Testing: Key Instruments and Practices
What you'll learn
- Basic terminology
- Choose devices for testing
- Work with emulators and simulators
- Work with mobile device farms and crowdtesting platforms
- Release alpha and beta versions of the app
- Create a strategy of mobile application testing
- No special knowledge is required: this course is suited for a complete novice in mobile app testing.
- Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit), Mac OS El Capitan or later, Ubuntu 14.04 or later. Basically, you need to have 64 bit system.
- 4 GB RAM or more. You will not be able to launch emulators with less than 4 GB RAM
- 4 GB HDD/SSD space to install IDE and emulators
- Nice to have: an Android phone with Android OS 5.1 or later
In modern world business is paying more and more attention to mobile technology. The mobile devices market is growing several times faster than the PC market, allowing to realize new opportunities for development and promotion of the most innovative business ideas. With all this demand for mobile applications testers is also increasing. Mobile software development is a new and fast growing industry, so developers and testers have to solve not only the typical IT problems, but also to overcome ones emerging in the process, yet unexplored difficulties. The fact that the tools for development and testing are under development themselves adds one more layer of difficulty.
This training aims to help you overcome the difficulties encountered when testing mobile applications. The course is designed both for beginners who intend to work in the mobile testing and for already working mobile testers who want to improve their skills.
During the training you will learn how to work with mobile testing tools: phones, emulators, proxy, IDE. Particular emphasis is placed on work with the Android platform as the most widespread mobile operating system at the moment. Also, you will learn to use more advanced technology: statistics collection, mobile application testing strategy construction, the use of third-party services and organization of various types of testing. The training is designed not only for the acquisition of theoretical knowledge, but also on its refinement, allowing to learn in practice how to apply the skills of mobile applications tester.
Please note, although this training is complete, I will add more information on Android, iOS and Mobile Web testing later. So if you buy it now, you will get new information for free!
Who this course is for:
- QA Specialists with no Mobile testing experience.
- Mobile Testers, that would like to improve their knowledge.
I have been testing mobile apps for more than 8 years now. I've started testing Android from the 1st device, G1, and have worked with Blackberry, Palm, Windows mobile and of course the latest popular devices on Android, iOS and Windows phone. I've led the team of testers and developers and now am testing a complicated client-server dating app with hundreds of millions of users.