- Blue Biotechnology for you!
- Marine Natural Products
You will learn about the diversity of marine microorganisms and their biotechnological potential. Practical hints regarding isolation and cultivation of marine microorganisms will be provided. In addition, you will gain basic knowledge of extraction, isolation and identification of MNPs. At last, the laboratory skills in the assessment of MNPS biological activity will be acquired.
- Entrepreneurs looking for new opportunities in marine biotechnology
- Students in biology, technology, engineering and marine science
- Those interested in marine biotech
- Portfolio of the MNP Toolbox course instructors00:00
- Course objectives, outcomes and structure01:42
- Antibacterial activity05:09
- Quiz 17 questions
- Isolation and cultivation of microorganisms11:23
- Isolation and identification of compounds07:43
- New extraction techniques of bioactive compounds from marine algae07:01
- Quiz 28 questions
- Introduction to bioassays07:01
- In vitro assays part 116:37
- In vitro assays part 202:49
- In vitro assays part 310:59
- In vivo assays part 107:19
- In vivo assays part 204:12
- In silico assays06:25
- Quiz 318 questions
The project involves five partners from Lithuania (2), Sweden (1), Poland (1) and Denmark (1). The partnership is composed of the universities and a business college. The partners are supported by associated partners (biotechnology association, association of distance and e-learning as well as tourist information organisations). The project is led by the Klaipeda University from Lithuania.
The overall idea of the project is to enable the exchange of knowledge and transfer of good practice from R&D sector to practitioners in marine biotechnology, marine/coastal tourism sectors as well as to students searching for education in a given field.