Mixing & Mastering Electronic Dance Music (EDM)
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Mix and master your tracks to commercial standards so your tracks are ready for release.
- Setup your projects so you stay organized and work quickly.
- Develop an efficient workflow so you get consistent results.
- Use EQ, compression, distortion, limiting, parallel processing, reverb, delay and more.
- Finish more tracks quickly and easily.
- Use free tools and spend less time worrying about plugins and gear.
- Master your tracks for commercial loudness and quality.
- Gain confidence in yourself and production abilities
- Any DAW such as Ableton Live, FL Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro etc...
- Plugins that you're comfortable with (any plugins will work)
- An electronic dance music track to work on.
- Don't worry if you don't have a finished track to work on because you can download the stems used in this course.
- A VERY beginner friendly course. Don't worry if you don't have experience.
** 2018 NEW LECTURES ADDED**
EDM mixing and mastering made simple and easy to understand. Learn how to professionally mix and master your tracks, boost your confidence in your production skills, and get the sound you've always wanted.
Rarely does a mixing and mastering course come along that takes you through every step, every plugin, and every thought that goes into producing a professional quality EDM track.
That’s exactly what this course does. It’s packed with hours of the best, most up-to-date techniques needed to mix and master an electronic dance music track from start to finish. This course uses both native (meaning, included with DAWs) and third-party plugins, but it does not matter which DAW you use or which plugins you have. With the skills and techniques taught in this course, you’ll transform your rough or unmixed project into a polished master ready for release.
You'll understand WHY and HOW things are done with detailed explanations that will not leave you confused or frustrated. Extra care was taken to make sure things are kept simple, easy to understand and focused on your workflow and getting things done.
Things you’ll learn in this course include:
- Project and arrangement setup
- Mix buss processing
- Send/return channel setup
- Vocal tuning and mixing
- Automation and creative mixing techniques
- Parallel compression and processing
- Advanced EQ, compression, reverb, and delay techniques
- Professional mastering techniques
- much much more…
Producers of any genre of electronic dance music (EDM) will find this course unlike any other. The mixing and mastering process is broken down and explained in full detail without being overwhelming – or boring.
- Electronic dance music producers
- EDM producers
- Anyone who wants to learn mixing and mastering
- Anyone who wants to learn advanced music production techniques
We'll go through setting up simple and effective sidechaining to add groove to the song and keep things sounding punchy and clean.
In this section we'll go over the synths and melodies in the song and use some use some interesting effects to give character, groove and style to the song that will make it stand out.
A powerful technique that we'll use to make quick and broad adjustments to the mix as we listen to it from start to finish.
Using reference tracks can drastically improve your mastering skills because they give you a starting point on where your own track should be. You can also use reference tracks to set your loudness levels, balance of frequencies and dynamic range. This is a critical stage of the mastering process.
EQ is one of the most powerful and most important tools you have at your disposal during the mastering phase. In this section you'll learn how to use a Pultec style EQ
- quickly re-balance the frequencies
- add bottom end fullness
- clean up muddiness,
- reduce harshness and add top end sparkle
Mid/Side EQ is one of the most effective ways to do both broad and surgical EQ to take care of frequency problems during mastering. It gives you the ultimate flexibility and control over the frequencies in a track since you can EQ the mids and the sides independently of each other. In this section we'll use Mid/Side EQ to
- Clean up the subs
- Balance the mids
- Clean up muddiness and bottom end in the sides
- Create width and separation
Peak compression is used mostly to control transients and control loudness. However, we'll look into using peak compression to add more punch, attack and power to the track. By using our ears and common sense, we can set the attack and release times, ratio and knee settings on a compressor to get that deep house attitude.
Ever wondered how the pros make their songs ridiculously loud while still making it sound good? Well your answer is in this very section. I'll show you THE technique used to achieve maximum loudness (in addition to everything we've done before). Best of all, you don't even need any fancy plugins to do it, just a couple of free ones!