Mixed Media From The Heart
What you'll learn
- Have a better understandig of my creative process, and how you too can use your emotions and experiences to create beautiful art.
- Have an art journal to keep ideas from going away whne you have them.
- Release your emotional richness into your personal art.
- Develop a personal style that will give a special signature to your art.
- Have new mixed media skills and techniques to incorporate into your creations.
- Do you know how to grab a pencil and how to hold a brush? Then you're set.
- No previous painting skills are necessary, we will start developing simple ideas into more complex paintings by the end of the class.
- You will need acrylic paints, brushes, canvas or paper, collage paper, glue and other basic artist's materials. You can review the complete list of materials on the preview.
When I paint, I paint from the heart. I capture my dreams, my hopes, my reality and my daydreaming into my art.
If you've ever struggled to find what you like and wondered how to create meaningful art that becomes personal and full of passion, this workshop will be perfect for you.
More than just a painting class, I will show you the mixed media techniques I use on my paintings to journey through my process for creating mixed media art as an outlet for my dreams, my worries and my imagination to create art with a personal and distinctive style that you will love to call your own.
This course consists on 5 sections of inspiration
- Color and Inspiration. In this week we will get inspired! We'll search for those things that really put us in a creative mood and learn how to start and keep a color diary. We'll also explore our personal symbols and begin shaping your true voice.
- Backgrounds. We can stay in this topic forever! Backgrounds are my favorite thing to paint and collage and we will have lots of fun creating different backgrounds and papers for our mixed media pieces and art journals during this week.
- Art Journaling. I find that keeping an art journal has helped me grow as an artist and find my true voice and I want to share that experience with you. In this week we will learn more about art journaling. We will play with our materials as preparation to paint and have lots of fun.
- From sketchbook to canvas. In this week we will begin to construct a mixed media piece from scratch. Follow me as I guide you through my process, from finding the idea to translating it to canvas.
- Putting it all together. In our last week we will continue working in our pieces. I'll show you my method to finish a piece and we will have our show and tell. It will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what you create from your heart in this class!
Who this course is for:
- This class is not intended to only teach you about painting. It's also about finding your own motivation and personal style while we explore my creative process and learn togehter the mixed media techniques I use to create beautiful art. Everyone is welcome! Beginners looking to start on mixed media, and seasoned artists looking for new inspiration and techniques.
My Name is Danita Art.
I Have been working since 2006 in Mixed Media Art, from paintings to doll making and everything you can think of in between. I have a unique style that you can recognize by the eyes of my characters. There is something special about them. They have a sweet melancholy deep within their colorful surroundings, maybe because that's how I feel when I paint, my emotions pour down the canvas and wood and I infuse everything I make with my heart, my emotions, and my soul.
I am a maker of things, a dreamer and a mother. I love creating things in the wee hours of night and I spend almost all of my free time creating or thinking about creating.
Art is my gateway. When I create, I travel to a word where everything is possible, dreams come true, animals are your friends and you can fly on top of a paper bird, just because you want to. It keeps me sane in a crazy world that spins faster that my head can, it keeps me away from the ugly, the bad and the things I can't understand.
This peaceful wonderland is dying to escape into our reality, and it does it trough my art, dying to show us that all we need is love. Every time you look at my paintings, you leave a comment or you take one home, you share a piece that dreamworld with me.
And I thank you for it, deeply, from the bottom of my heart. Because you let me know that a dreamer can dream, and that my dream is not that crazy after all.
My art is the hands of private collectors all over the world and some of my mass market greeting cards and posters are published by La La Land in Australia, and I am a frequent contributor to the Somerset Magazine publications.
You will find my latest work on my online Etsy Shop, and you will find my latest rantings on my blog and my Facebook Fan Page.