What you'll learn
- Make awesome mixes using only stock plugins of Studio One
- Understand the art and science behind mixing
- Develop skills to get great results, regardless of genre
- Understand signal processors - why, when and how to use them
- Studio One 4 or 5, either PRO or Artist versions must be installed on your computer.
- You must have a basic knowledge of Studio One.
Learn how to make awesome mixes in Studio One, using only stock plug-ins. Understand when, why and how mixing tools are used and apply them perfectly to your music. Learn how to analyze your projects to identify and solve mixing problems. Create your own unique approach to achieve perfect mixes every time.
In this course, you will understand the basic science behind mixing (they don't call them "Mixing Engineers" for nothing, you know!), then you will analyze the artistic aspect of mixing to see how it integrates into the music creation process. You will develop a broad perspective which you will then apply authoritatively to your own projects.
Don't waste your time on courses that teach mixing in Ableton, Logic or other software. You'll have to go searching "but how do I do this in Studio One?" every minute. This course is designed specifically for Studio One users so there's no confusion and no searching.
For the practice section of this course, you can either use your own projects or download the tracks that I'll be using, and follow along. It's a song that I wrote and produced exclusively for this course, and goes from trap to rock in a matter of minutes, to cover a variety of scenarios. The skills you will acquire in this course are not specific to any genre.
Learn from a seasoned pro and experienced teacher. I have mixed music for every conceivable media, from feature films to singing baby toys and everything in between. I have been teaching music technology for 20 years. I'll be happy to answer your questions and to give you unbiased feedback on your songs/mixes.
Enroll now to give your productions the awesome mixes that they deserve!
Who this course is for:
- Musicians who want to produce and release their own music.
- Anyone who records music.
- Anyone who wants to take their mixes from good to great!
Doruk Somunkiran is a film composer and music producer based in Istanbul, Turkey. He is an alumni of Berklee College of Music with a major in Contemporary Writing and Production. Doruk has been teaching music theory and technology for more than 15 years and is currently a Steinberg Certified Cubase Trainer. He wrote and hosted a TV documentary on sound and music.
* Member of Audio Engineering Society
* Member of Berklee Alumni Network
* Steinberg Certified Cubase Trainer
* AVID Certified Pro Tools Trainer
* Member of MSG (Composers' Union)