Japanese language course: MISJ NOVICE PROGRAM LEVEL 1
What you'll learn
- ・Finish learning ひらがな & カタカナ reading and writing, and start learning かんじ
- ・Review and expand the topics of conversation introduced in the WELCOME PROGRAM, such as greetings and talking about places, things, and yourself & family.
- ・New topics of conversation include inviting someone to join you, honorific questions, talking about schedule and existence.
- ・New topics of grammar are: how to add the MEANS & the COUNTERPART information, how to use ADVERBS to show the frequency, several 「ますFORM」based expressions, an
- ・Review and practice how to use the particle「は」and「も」during conversations.
- ・Have some experience of learning Japanese and willingness to learn more about the Japanese language and culture
- ・Have some English listening and reading ability, because, although the percentage becomes low as lessons go by, most explanations are still in English
- ・Can read basicひらがな andカタカナ up to 80%.
- ・An open mind to accept the new approach, the way of study
This is the course for the students who have finished learning the MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM and want to learn more about the Japanese language and Japanese culture. It consists of 11 lessons. From Lesson 1 to Lesson 4, students learn more about Japanese NOUN sentences. The topics that students learned in the MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM SECTION 1, such as greetings and shopping, will be enhanced. From Lesson 5 to Lesson 10-2, in addition to the continuous training of the PARTICLE changes, students will learn more knowledge of grammar concerning VERB sentences such as how to use new VERBS, how to use ADVERBS, and how and why the word order changes during conversations.
The new topics of conversation are; Inviting someone to do something together, making plans, offering a favor, talking about schedule, and talking about existence. Students can also learn various kinds of 「ますFORM」-based expressions and VERBS.
Good luck with your study and I hope you enjoy the atmosphere of taking a lesson in the classroom.
Who this course is for:
- ・People who have finished learning the MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM up to about 80%.
- ・People who can read 「ひらがな」and「カタカナ」up to about 80%.
- ・People who learned with the popular textbooks such as 「みんなの にほんご」and “Japanese for busy people,” and still have difficulties even in daily speech and writing.
- ・People who are puzzled with the Japanese grammar, especially the particle usages, and need more precise & clear explanations.
- ・People who want to quickly review the basic grammar and expressions concerning NOUNs and VERBs in「ますFORM」necessary to pass JALP N5 & N4
I graduated from Tokyo Women's Christian College Mathematics BA. Specialist for teaching beginners and for developing teachers who can teach beginners.
I was a part-time lecturer at the Nara Institute of Science & Technology from 2015 to 2018.
I developed Japanese language learning materials for students from the introductory to the intermediate levels.
I also developed teaching materials and manuals for instructors.
I made three e-Learning programs, one TV program, "Meet & Speak," broadcasted by NHK WORLD. You can watch it via Youtube now.
I supervised making a textbook for the TV program NHK EDUCATIONAL broadcast from 2014 to 2016.
Achievements other than Udemy (1992～2020)
The number of students who learned with MISJ before Udemy is more than 850.
Students' age is from 15 to 65 years old.
Students are from more than 30 countries, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, and Australia; European countries such as the UK, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, and Finland; Asian countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Viet Nam, Philippines, China, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Bangladesh, Indonesia.
I have been supporting Japanese language education in Congo(DRC) since 2011 in cooperation with Keio University.
Thanks to Udemy, more than twenty thousand students from 153 countries are now studying Japanese with the MISJ.