Mini Rock Guitar Course 3 - Improvisational Ideas
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- After completing this course a student will have enough tools to improvise using the major scale, pentatonic scale and most importantly this course will enable the student to think about using the resources more creatively.
- Need to have a computer or a smart phone or Tablet.
This is a mini course for Rock guitar improvisation aimed at using basic Arpeggios and licks from the pentatonic and major scale and most importantly to make you think, how you can come up with your own ideas.
This course is designed to take you to the next level if you are willing to
expand your understanding of the fretboard and to play beautiful melodies while soloing other than moving up and down the fretboard aimlessly. Using these concepts will help your melodies to be precise as you target the chord tones using arpeggios.
This is the continuation of my previous course (Mini Rock Guitar Course - Improvise using Arpeggios n licks) where we covered the following topics and we are going to expand on the same ideas.
1.Basic C shape major minor arpeggios with detailed description and related exercises.
2. Diatonic Arps of E scale in C shape.
3. Breaking down the bigger shapes into triads.
4. Adding extensions to the triads.
5. Diatonic arps of E scale on first 4 strings.
6. Using hammer on n pull off to the arpeggios to form melodic phrases.
7. Major 7th n Minor 7th Arpeggios of D scale in A shape.
8. Some extended chord shapes
9. Practice example Lick for the progression.
10. Soloing ideas using arps, major and pentatonic scale.
11. Using random diatonic arpeggios to explore new sounds.
12. Playing along with the Backing track provided.
So we will work on the above concepts assuming you have already learned those. In this course we will learn to create more melodic content over a backing track provided with this course. We'll learn to use some stylistic approaches, like Hendrix used arpeggios with extensions rhythmically and loads of ideas to make you think and come up with your own cool licks.
- This course is designed for intermediate players who want to break free from Basic improvisational ideas and need the tools to make the basic scales sound cool.