Minecraft 101: Learn to Play, Craft, Build, & Save the Day
What you'll learn
- Know the basics to help your kids through a tough spot.
- Contact a Minecraft Expert with questions or problems about the game
- Understand what it is and why it is good for kids academically and socially.
- Be hip to the kids and in the know. Be cool. Forever.
- Be able to fix problems and troubleshoot for devastated young players (who may or may not be weeping uncontrollably).
- Play Minecraft with the best of them.
- Be parent/teacher of the year.
- How to turn on and use a computer. Super basics.
- Extra points if you can browse the web, get your email, or update Facebook.
- A willingness to learn and explore
- Valid email address and credit card/Paypal (only if you haven’t already purchased Minecraft on PC, Mac, XBOX, or PS4).
- You will need a copy of Minecraft installed on your computer (approx $26 if you don't have it yet)
What in the world is Minecraft anyway?
You’ve heard of Minecraft. The game has taken over the world, and captured every kid’s imagination. Maybe you don’t have any clue what it is, but you don’t want to ask the kids to explain it, because they will give you THAT look (like you’re dumb or something) not to mention, they aren’t the best with details. Yeah, we’ve all been there. I’ll give you the scoop, step by step on what Minecraft is, what it is good for, and how to get started, so you can try it out for yourself if you want. I’ll treat you like an adult and show you what the kids are up to.
Why this course? Here's what you get:
Instead of listening to high-pitched 12 year olds on YouTube talk for hours on end and never get to the point, I’ll give you everything you need to know about finding diamonds in a concise, useful format that allows you to pause the video, and try it out yourself. This is the de facto crash course in video game awesomeness from a parent of 5 and veteran Minecrafter. Whether you are a parent, a teacher, an aunt, uncle, grandparent or godparent I’ve got you covered.
You'll be able to save the day, in game and out:
If you’re too busy to sit down and play -- totally understandable, we all work for a living -- you still won’t be in the dark (where the bad guys are), because you’ll have a great reference for later when you need it. I’ll even show you how to fix problems, repair corrupted files in seconds, and even beat the game. Don't worry, you can do it with my help. You'll be the Minecraft hero and you won’t even have to wear a cape. Unless you’re into that or whatever.
Here's what you get from this course?
- 4.5+ hours of HD Video, taught in a conversational style by an expert that will help you learn by experience
- The help and support of a responsive instructor who can answer questions and help with problems at any point
- Good for a parents, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, godparents or anyone who wants to know what Minecraft is about and why the kids can’t get enough.
Who this course is for:
- A parent, teacher, aunt, uncle, grandparent, godparent or similar who wants to know what Minecraft is about and why the kids can’t get enough.
- Any of the above who want to know why Minecraft is good socially and academically and should be encouraged for kids.
- Anyone who wants to learn all the ins and outs of how to play, and WHY.
- Anyone who wants to communicate with kids and help them learn with their favorite game.
- If you don’t care about Minecraft, then you probably won’t get a ton out of this course, but you will learn some about how kids think and what they care about.
- If you already know and play Minecraft this may not be the best course for you.
I've been playing with technology since I was a kid. At 13 I was building websites by hand in HTML and Frontpage 98 (which is how I learned what not to do). Before that I was programming databases on a green monochrome IBM screen. Since then I've been a computer addict and web programmer. I even won an award for database programming in 2004. More important than that, I am excited far more when I can help someone understand a technology or concept that makes their life better or their job easier. That is the best thing ever.
I am here to help with your technology learning so anytime I can assist you, please contact me and I will do what I can. Thanks!