Mindfulness 1 Course - Introduction to Mindfulness
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 20 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the basics of mindfulness meditation and how to practice.
- Integrate and apply the teachings of mindfulness in your daily life.
- Build confidence in your ability to cultivate mindfulness in meditation and everyday living.
- Fully grasp the foundations of mindfulness and what it means to live mindfully.
- Create a daily meditation practice.
- Those enrolling in the Mindfulness I course from One Mind Dharma will be required to engage in some activities of self-reflection. Participants should have some willingness to investigate themselves, their own experience, and difficulties.
- An open mind and willingness to investigate new ideas, practices, and methods of relieving stress and anxiety.
- The time to dedicate a few minutes to meditation practice and personal examination of the principles offered.
- Technical Requirements: You will need a computer or smartphone able to play audio (meditations) and video lessons. You also will need the basic understanding to play videos and audio. We have designed this course to require the absolute minimum of technical knowledge.
Mindfulness is a powerful tool that has grown in popularity in recent years. With the benefits of meditation becoming clearer with recent research, we are beginning to understand just how useful mindfulness may be. From helping relieve stress to improving sleep, mindfulness practice has helped millions find relief from difficulties. In this course, you will learn the basics of mindfulness meditation and be able to practice with confidence.
The course offers video lessons, guided meditations, and review practices to investigate mindfulness for yourself. Together, these offerings will create a full-featured learning experience in which you can both learn the principles and examine them in your own experience.
Matthew will lead you through the foundations of mindfulness and how to cultivate awareness, compassion, and balance in your own life. An empowered Buddhist meditation teacher from Spirit Rock Meditation Center, he offers these ancient teachings in a way applicable to modern living.
- Anyone is welcome to take this course. It has been designed with love, care, and expertise to make the teachings of mindfulness accessible.
- Beginners or newcomers may benefit most from this course, although those experienced with meditation can always benefit from a reminder of the foundational teachings.
- This course is great for managers or leaders. Learn to cultivate awareness, and bring mindfulness to your management and leadership.
- Therapists, counselors, holistic practicioners, yoga teachers, and those helping others benefit greatly from mindfulness practice both for themselves and to bring to their practice with clients.
- Mindfulness can be beneficial in helping reduce stress, prevent relapse in those suffering from addiction, and regulate moods. However, it does not substitute for professional clinical or medical care.