Mindful Awareness - Benefits of Meditation in daily life
- 44 mins on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain more clarity in your life whilst making better decisions in your day.
- Enjoying your new journey in life by taking small steps in creating BIG change overtime.
- Feeling what it is like to have more happiness, peace, joy & confidence in your life on a daily basis.
- Focus on what you want your day to be like easily. Embracing life with ease by being in the moment
- Living life moment to moment by being present rather than thinking about the past and causing anxiety or worrying about the future of something that has not happened yet.
- Having healthier and more meaningful relationships with people that are important to you.
- Knowing that you have choices in life with the tools to cope when challenges occur, so you are not so overwhelmed
- You will have learned the skills to speak your truth, say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.
- Take action to create what your passion now that you have more of an understanding of what that is. You will be more flexible and adaptable to change and notice opportunities that you had not noticed before.
- Be the amazing person that you are and allow yourself to shine like a big bright star, because you deserve to. You will have learnt to love the person that you have become by practicing in these past six weeks.
- Have an understanding of the importance of practicing mindful awareness for the rest of your life.
- Take away judgement and expectations, whilst noticing how you FEEL once you do.
- You will have a much better understanding of your own emotions and having an understanding of being kind to yourself and kind to others so you can be the best you that there is, then having the ability to bring out the best in others. Knowing that when you make the changes others will treat you differently because you have changed not them. You will have more of an acceptance of others when you drop judgement and expectations.
- You will have the ability to sit with your emotions and breath through any anxiety that you are feeling and know that it will pass.
- Become more aware of the way you FEEL by understanding yourself and letting your intuition be your guide, so keep moving towards what makes you feel good.
- You should be able to use a PC at beginners level.
- You will be required to purchase a diary or notebook to physically write in.
- You will be required to practice daily in all of your affairs, whether at home, work, socially or out in the community.
- These practices will enhance your own Health and Wellbeing, Relationships , your ability to study and remember information, gain confidence and clarity in your life.
- You will be required to listen to a 10 minute mindful meditation at least once a day.
- You will be required to take responsibility for your own actions by letting it begin with you
- You will be asked to start noticing what you love and speaking about what that is.
- You will definitely be required to become more aware of self
- This can be challenging for beginners, keep practicing and you will reap the rewards.
Mindfulness = Awareness
“Our thoughts, our emotions, our behaviour, and therefore our mental health, is largely dependent on our understanding of the world; our thoughts about ourselves, other people and the future”
Of course to set and intention and get the ball rolling you have to start with a Healthy mindset
so what better way to make mindful awareness the starting point in creating what you actually want your life to look like for you. One thing you can start noticing and talking about are things and people that you like or love. Looking at what is working well in your life, rather than what is not working well. Having an Attitude of Gratitude . Get a Journal and start writing things in it daily.
These are all things that you can start doing daily to make a difference and start the changes.
Let it begin with you - by the way these are all things l practice and action in my own life, so without a shadow of a doubt l can definitely say how well it all works and by knowing how much research has gone into how the brain works and practicing the techniques you will have no regrets just shifts
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of being present and aware in the moment with either
our internal or external experiences empowering us to see clearly what is happening
in our lives. It offers us the opportunity to develop a more positive approach to life by cultivating clarity, insight, understanding and compassion towards ourselves, others and situations that may arise during our daily life experiences.
MEDITATION Is Living Your Life As If It Really Mattered.
That means you gotta be there for it, with kindness towards oneself, and an understanding of the deep interconnectedness of all life and beings.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION is the practice of paying attention to what is happening from moment to moment without judgment. Our minds are so often planning or worrying about the future or reflecting on the past, we miss the place where life is actually happening, here in this moment.
Take small steps = start by making small changes consistently in your day, so you do not feel to overwhelmed by the changes (this helps to make it very do-able).
Creating the BIG change for an extraordinary life - once you start the small steps, you will become to notice changes occurring, noticing how these changes are making you FEEL. So overtime all of the small steps you have been making consistently in your day will bring about a noticeable shift as you start noticing more and more the changes that are occurring for you and others around you.
If you continually practice daily just reminding yourself once completed this course how much you have grown in all areas of your life when your aware of the changes that have occurred in your own behaviour from the beginning to now. Make sure whilst you are practicing that you always remain kind toward yourself (in other words when you make a mistake it is ok however learn from it so it is not being repeated). Some of the toughest times in life can create the biggest learnings.
- This course is for students wanting to create lifestyle changes for the benefits of your own Health and Wellbeing.
- This course is for students wanting to enhance their relationships.
- This course is for students wanting to gain more confidence in all areas of their life.
- This course is of great advantage to student within the emergency services understanding the importance of taking care of yourself.
- This course is for students to learn How to get back to Basics
- This course is for students who would like to learn how to meditate.
- This course is students to deal with stress, depression & anxiety
- This course is for students wanting to lose weight and create a lifestyle
- This course is for students who want to work on their mindset
What is Mindfulness - Awareness of self, often we walk around in our day on autopilot, participating in life habitually. So this week start practicing being more aware in your day by noticing your habitual patterns. This means exploring and getting curious about your feelings, becoming aware of your own thinking patterns whilst noticing how your thoughts make you feel, observation of self. Then gently bringing some changes into your daily patterns, once you start to become more aware you will notice something that you might consider an unhealthy pattern for you and what you can start doing differently to turn your unhealthy pattern into a more healthier pattern. Perhaps a good example is if you come home from a busy day at work and your feeling stressed so would go and get yourself a glass of wine whilst preparing dinner and you want to break this pattern, you could come home, go and get changed into some walking clothes, have a glass of water and take yourself and any other members of the family (if they want to) for a 15 or 30 minute walk, then come home and start preparing your dinner. Notice how participating in this excersise has made you feel. Reminding yourself there is no right or wrong way to participate, this is purely about practice in all your daily affairs whilst not judging and letting go of expectations.
Your tasks for week one are as follows:
- Interrupt your ‘automatic pilot”. One of the first things l would like you to do is go and purchase yourself a journal so you can make notes of what you are noticing, please make sure you write these things down as it is much more impacting for your brain to write rather than type. Also use this journal each day, at a time that is convenient for you, (preferably prior to going to bed) to write down 5 things that you noticed in your day that you felt grateful or happy about. This does not have to be big things it can be the small things that you noticed, perhaps seeing a child smile, someone saying thank you to you for something you did, being able to see, hear and speak clearly, noticing something that someone else did or said and telling them that you were happy with them, so practice looking for things throughout your day that may bring you a sense of gratitude or happiness.
- Slow down and pay attention to your immediate experience. There is a mindful meditation below on the breath which goes for around 10 minutes please listen to this at least once everyday for the next 7 days.
- Practicing taking a deep breath at any time throughout your day when you are noticing your thoughts wandering or your feeling stressed, just stop breathe in for 5 seconds then out for 5 seconds (this is what we refer to as a comma). When you can interrupt yourself from what you are doing and go outside for a few minutes, practice a mindful meditation or just allow yourself to notice the breeze on your face, the sun on your skin, the birds tweeting becoming very engaged as to where you are and how you are feeling, then notice how you feel when getting back to work and how much more focused you might feel after taking that short interruption (time out this is what we refer to as a full stop).
- Move from ‘doing’ mode into ‘being’ mode. Practice becoming more present when you are engaged in conversation or an activity by being more aware of your breath and body (allowing your mind to listen to your body as opposed to the other way around). This practice will help you to get out of your head and into what is happening in the present moment.
- Notice the flow of thoughts, feelings and sensations that arise in the present moment. Advise people important to you in your life that you are participating in this course to become more aware of your habitual patterns and that you are wanting to change certain habits you may feel are unhealthy for you and changing them to healthier patterns with more awareness and is it ok for them to support you with some of the changes you are wanting to create.
- Please share any comments below in regards to what you are noticing, this will help with hearing from others that might be experiencing similar feelings and perhaps sharing circumstances in a private forum.
- Please feel free to email me any personal questions that you may have as l am wanting to help you on your new journey as much as l can, also if we share comments if people are having similar questions l can then write a section in my fortnightly newsletter that will relate to a specific topic for practicing.
- Please tick off all the boxes before continuing to week 2. Most of all please practice all of the above every day and have fun exploring and getting to know yourself from the inside out, whilst remembering to be kind to yourself always. Enjoy practicing becoming more mindfully aware.
Have some fun with this!
Becoming aware of your senses can really assist in bringing you back to the present moment, however it can also bring about other feelings and emotions. For you sense of smell perhaps notice some essential oils that you may like to smell, a lot of oils can have great health benefits. Your sense of touch can also help bringing you right back to the present by touching a material and noticing its texture or surface is it soft, hard. Your sense of hearing, when walking noticing the sound of your feet on the pavement perhaps the birds in the trees or the leaves in the trees rustling. Your sense of taste when smelling a food that you really like you can almost taste it right? Just prior to eating take a good look at your food and let yourself enjoy the flavours by eating a little slower and allowing it to digest a little before taking the next mouthful. Of course our sight, what do you see and notice when you are out in the world, beautiful sunsets, colours that you love. Our sight is our first view and thoughts of any judgement of what we notice before most of our other senses kick in. Really tap into your senses this week and notice how this makes you FEEL! This will enrich your life just by noticing things as if you are seeing them for the first time in your life, allow yourself to have some WOW factor.
After completing this lecture, you will start to recognise the difference of listening to your own intuition by allowing yourself to be guided by what that is. So in other words noticing when something does not feel congruent for you (i.e. when you do not feel good about something you have said or chosen to do and it does not sit right for you). When allowing yourself to have those moments of silence or just moving towards your own instinct without questioning it because it just feels good even if you don't really quite understand why your heading towards it. Once tapping into your own higher self you will not question things or talking yourself out of something because your mind is saying but what if this happens or that happens and l fail you will rather be saying to yourself this could be incredibly advantageous to me and l am going for it whilst allowing myself to enjoy the experiences along the way. So l guess Feel the Fear and do it anyway reminding yourself that it is progress rather than perfection as we are all only human. Some of the most successful people in life failed at certain things which is how the learnt to do it differently next time as opposed to repeating the same things over and over and wondering why nothing seemed to work. Beautiful things happen when you Believe in yourself!
This is an interview with Carmel one of my clients at a place by the name of Hands on Health on the Mornington Peninsula. This is a non for profit organization where a team of Chiropractors, Naturapath, Massage therapist and others myself included volunteer our services once a week. When l first met Carmel back in January 2016 she was in a pretty bad place, obesely overweight and had not ventured out of her home much for the past 10 years. Carmel tells a little bit of her story and states that being referred to HOH by her doctor was the best thing that happened to her. She came to me and the first thing we started to work on was her mindset, in the last 15 months Carmel has completely changed her whole lifestyle and up to now has lost 60 kilos and still going. This video was filmed back in October 2016 so she has lost quite a bit more weight after this was made. Carmel is an absolute inspiration and l am so happy to see her living her life to the fullest and really embracing everything that is happening to her now. She tells me there is no turning back and l absolutely believe her. When a person hits rock bottom is often when they are ready to make the changes and l think Carmel had hit rock bottom. She is now continuing on her amazing journey of life!
This lecture is an interview with a friend of mine Melissa who had wanted to be attending one of the mindfulness courses l facilitated at Lotus Chiropractic Centre in Mt.Eliza Melissa had been very busy and l caught up with her at another friends dinner party, l had not seen her for a long time, she said she had been very busy at work etc but still wanted to attend one of my courses, and proceeded to ask when l was facilitating the next one, which happened to be in a weeks time. So she said right l am coming this time and am going to make the time, this is when l knew she was ready. I am a firm believer that a person has to be ready and want to change something in their lives for it to be of benefit to them. So in this interview Melissa talks about how enrolling into the course and practicing and actioning being mindful in all areas of her life created a bigger changes than she would have imagined. Melissa is now embracing her life and being her true self of which she states she hadn't even known who that was for a very long time. I always say if l can help one person with their life it will have a ripple effect on their family, friends and others they may come in contact with to change and live a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life for the rest of their life.