Boost Resilience with Mindfulness
What you'll learn
- Understand the definition, importance, and key components of resilience, and learn how mindfulness enhances resilience.
- Acquire techniques for managing stress and worry, promoting present-moment awareness, regulating emotions, and practising self-compassion.
- Develop flexible thinking for problem-solving, understand experiential avoidance, and learn to implement acceptance and defusion strategies effectively.
- Apply mindfulness techniques in interpersonal relationships, communicate effectively, and handle differing opinions and difficult colleagues successfully.
- Recognise burnout signs, develop a personal resilience plan, and implement a mindful self-care routine.
- No prior experience of mindfulness is required. Everything is explained in the course.
- To get the most out of the course, students should schedule time to complete the short practical exercises.
In an ever-changing, fast-paced world, resilience and mindfulness are two powerful tools that can help us navigate challenges, manage stress, and live more fulfilling lives.
This course is designed to help you cultivate a deeper sense of self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and personal resilience. This transformative journey, based on the scientific principles of mindfulness, will empower you with practical, hands-on skills to enhance your wellbeing, relationships, and personal and professional success.
This course is centred around a workplace environment and is designed with employees, executives and entrepreneurs in mind. However, the skills you will learn are relevant to everyday life and the course is suitable for anyone looking to increase their resilience. No previous experience of mindfulness is required.
The course is divided into seven concise modules:
Understanding Resilience: Explore the concept of resilience, why it's critical, and how mindfulness enhances it.
Developing Mindful Awareness: Learn about mindfulness, the power of the mind-body connection, and how to practice it.
Mindful Stress Management: Discover tools for managing stress, embracing present-moment awareness, and nurturing self-compassion.
Mindful Problem Solving: Develop flexible thinking, learn strategies for problem-solving, and understand experiential avoidance and acceptance.
Mindful Relationships: Learn how mindfulness can enhance your interpersonal relationships and improve communication.
Mindful Self-Care: Identify burnout, prioritise self-care, and develop a personal resilience plan.
Integrating Mindfulness into Everyday Life: Discover how to build a daily mindfulness practice and incorporate it into all aspects of your life.
Throughout the course, you will get the opportunity to try each of the skills using practical exercises that you can try at your desk, in the workplace, or in everyday life. By the end of the course, you will have a range of tools to manage stress and maintain productivity, even in difficult situations. Join me on this enlightening journey towards a more resilient, more mindful life.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals seeking personal development and stress management techniques.
- Executives, employees and entrepreneurs looking to perform at a high level.
Chris Worfolk is a psychologist and software consultant. He is the author of nine books and has taught over 50,000 students on Udemy. He specialises in software, career coaching, mental health and resilience.
Chris is the founder of the mental health charity Anxiety Leeds and co-founder of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic. He is the author of Do More, Worry Less: Small Steps To Reduce Your Anxiety. He has a degree in psychology from Leeds Beckett University.
Previously, he has spent over ten years working in the IT industry helping companies including Sky, Asda, Capita and the NHS improve the digital products. He is the author of numerous books including How to Exit VIM and the IT Contracting Master Class. He has a degree in computing from the University of Leeds.
In his spare time, he is an ironman triathlete, ultramarathon runner, competitive public speaker. He lives in Leeds with his wife and daughter.