Mindfulness for IT Professionals
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to be more mindful and present, not just in theory but in practice - how to feel less stressed and pressured
- You will learn techniques to calm down the internal chatter in your mind, but also your body physically
- You will learn about both the principles and the practice of mindfulness, in terms of becoming more aware of internal stress and actively changing it
- You'll get to know multiple exercises, both in terms of mental and physical relaxation, to help you be more aware and less stressed
- You don't need any prior knowledge (naturally, prior knowledge of meditation and relaxation techniques helps, but is NOT required)
Do you wish you could be less stressed and more present?
We are so busy in our everyday lives that we rarely stop to think and be aware of our surroundings. However, this is harmful, as it prevents us from being more calm - both in terms of relaxing our body, but also quieting the internal chatter in our minds.
Especially as an IT professional, it's very easy to be in front of a screen all day, which makes us less connected with the real world, more stressed and more anxious.
In this course, you are going to learn more about the fundamentals of mindfulness and its components. Elements such as presence, awareness, self-acceptance and others. All of these contribute to being more present and aware in everyday life, which has multiple beneficial consequences:
- Being less stressed and more relaxed;
- Being in better health (breathing better and being less tense);
- Being less negative and judgmental (both about events and yourself);
This course will be especially helpful to you if:
- You frequently judge yourself or don't accept certain parts of yourself;
- You still ruminate on past events and are not able to gain closure on them;
- You are frequently stressed with situations;
- You feel like you are not "present", living in a world full of distractions and escapes;
This short course will tell you both about the core principles of mindfulness, as well as some exercises to help cultivate it. By the time you're done, you will be able to cultivate a calmer, more aware, more relaxed presence.
Who this course is for:
- You're a coder/tech lead/other IT professional seeking ways to calm down the internal chatter or take some of the pressure/stress off of yourself
- You're any type of IT professional looking to better deal with stress and the preoccupations of everyday life
- You're an IT professional who is curious about how to be more aware and mindful of your internal mental processes
I have what could be considered an unconventional background as a coach. I don’t come from psychology or medicine. In fact, I come from tech. I created two tech startups that reached million-dollar valuations, backed by the MIT-Portugal IEI startup accelerator, afterwards becoming its Intelligence Lead.
After years of coaching and mentoring startup founders on talent management, emotional management, influence and persuasion, among other topics, I started being requested by executives and investors, like venture capitalists, with more complex, large-scale problems.
After years of doing executive work, I started specializing in coaching asset management professionals. With the signing of my first fund manager/CIO clients, I started adapting my performance and influence techniques for purposes such as talent management for PMs and analysts, fundraising from allocators, effective leading a team, and properly assessing talent for compensation/promotion/allocation increases.
I currently provide performance coaching and influence/persuasion coaching for executives and asset management professionals, mostly but not limited to purposes like managing people, leading and closing sales/capital commitments.