Mindfulness for Anxiety
What you'll learn
- Discover stepping stones of happiness to help you through each day
- Develop a greater sense of security, by making friends with anxiety rather than battling against it
- Enjoy simple gratitude and appreciation techniques that connect you more positively to the world around you
- Feel stronger, safer and more resilient by transforming negative thought patterns into positive ones
- Create strong foundations of mindfulness to support you through all of life's challenges
- Explore simple meditations to reduce anxiety and help you build a calmer, happier life
- This course is suitable for complete beginners, and for those who wish to deepen their existing mindfulness practice with particular reference to managing anxiety.
- It is also suitable for anyone wishing to explore gratitude and appreciation as a way to reduce anxiety and increase happiness.
- Please note that each "lecture" is only a few minutes long, with a total course time of approximately 1 hour, plus additional meditations and downloads. This bite sized format gives you plenty of opportunities to pause, reflect, and enjoy the course at your own pace.
Do you ever suffer from anxiety?
Do you get stuck in worrying thoughts about the past or the future?
Would you to feel calmer, more secure, and happier?
If you are new to the world of mindfulness and would like to know how it can help you to manage your anxiety, this course will provide you with an introductory overview that is full of ideas and meditations that you can begin to use straight away.
~ Discover how mindfulness can provide strong foundations that help you gradually flourish into the peaceful, happy person that you want to be.
~ Practice the power of coming back to your breathing, building a core of relaxed inner strength that you can take with you into every potentially stressful situation.
~ Enjoy the liberation that mindfulness can bring by practising simple ways to free yourself of repetitive, anxious thought patterns.
~ Explore the transformative power of gratitude and appreciation, a technique backed by science that draws on the combined wisdom of mindfulness and positive psychology.
Additional material can be found on my website and the accompanying YouTube Channel (Katie Sheen Mindfulness Teacher & Speaker), which contains an expanding library of meditation tracks so that you can continue to build on the course content found here.
Mindfulness stems from Buddhism and I study in the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, so I refer to him and other teachers who have inspired my own mindfulness practice in this course: but the material here is suitable for those of all faiths or none. Everyone is welcome, and this course is currently being enjoyed by people in 114 countries across the world!
Who this course is for:
- This course welcomes anyone who would like to feel more confident and secure, by using mindfulness techniques and gratitude games to reduce anxiety.
Katie specialises in helping you find your unique path to a calmer, happier life. Her expertise and relaxed, practical teaching style inspires you with the confidence to explore ideas drawn from a range of mindfulness traditions. Enhanced by free resources on her Soul Nutrition website, this gentle, supportive approach enables you to flourish in your own time, and at your own pace.
Katie holds a Masters Degree in Education, a Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (PGCE), and is a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy.
She has led bespoke workshops and webinars for corporate clients including Adidas, Barclaycard, Borough Care, Equity Housing Group, Greater Manchester Police, Magnox and Sellafield, as well as charities and support groups such as Brain Tumour Support, Heart Valve Voice, Upbeat Communities and the COVID-19 Primary Care web meet for UK Healthcare Professionals.
She has presented at conferences to a wide range of audiences, contributed interviews and articles to magazines and websites, and made guest appearances on podcasts and live radio.
Katie runs regular events, meditation classes, courses and retreats for the general public, plus free webinars and seminars for health practitioners as part of the Lamberts Healthcare and Pharma Nord Academy CPD programmes.
Full details of current mindfulness events open for booking can be found on her website.
Katie has been enjoying mindfulness in her own life since 2001, and regularly attends training and retreats in both secular mindfulness and Buddhist traditions.
She attends and facilitates UK Sanghas that practice in the Plum Village tradition of Zen Buddhist Master Thich Nhat Hanh, and is qualified to lead their 6 weeks 'Be Calm, Be Happy' course. These Sanghas are groups of people from a wide range of faith backgrounds, who aspire to develop peace in themselves and in the world through the practice of mindful living.
Katie is an accredited mindfulness teacher with the UK charity Breathworks, and regularly offers their 'Mindfulness for Health' 8 weeks course, designed to support those living with pain, illness and fatigue.
Katie also attends regular CPD events to deepen her understanding of how to teach trauma sensitive mindfulness. She is therefore able to teach from personal experience, including using mindfulness during successful cancer treatment in 2015, as well as from strong academic foundations.