Controlling anxiety, negative thinking and stress does not come easily to everyone. This course will provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to use mindfulness principles and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques to manage their negative thoughts and emotions. The course also helps the learner master skills to manage stress, anxiety and other prominent mental health issues that can occur at any time.
By understanding and learning mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy techniques we can learn to manage our anxious feelings, negative emotions and handle the adversity that we can all experience in the workplace and in daily life.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
• Understand the key principles of Mindfulness, its benefits to our wellbeing, and its effects on stress, anxiety and other mental health issues.
• Learn Mindfulness techniques and therapies that can be applied when required in the workplace or at home and in daily life.
• Understanding the definition and principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
• How CBT techniques will benefit the wellbeing of the learner and build the positive psychology habits and practices to combat negative emotion.
• Learn CBT techniques and therapies that can be applied in the workplace or at home and in daily life.
MINDFULNESS & CBT CONTENTS
1. Introduction and Learning Outcomes of the Mindfulness & CBT Course
2. Definition of Mindfulness
3. Why Practice Mindfulness
4. Core Mindfulness Skills
9. Applying Mindfulness - Mindfulness Applications in Daily Life
10. Applying Mindfulness - Mindfulness for the Workday
11. Definition of CBT
12. Cognitive Distortions
13. Using CBT Techniques - The Cognitive model process
14. Cognitive restructuring or reframing
15. Journaling and thought records
16. Behaviour activation and activity scheduling
17. Relaxation and stress reduction techniques
18. Overcoming difficulties in Practice.