Mind Over Monster
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 50 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Happiness and success, both on the job and in your private life, depend on something nobody teaches you anything about - your mind. Brains are therefore often apt to just free-run, doing whatever they want with the inputs they receive, and taking us wherever they happen to drift, which often turns out to be places we would rather not be. Instead of letting an out-of-control brain be your master ... a "monster" that constantly works against you ... you can decide to take control, making your mind think rationally and constructively. You thereby become increasingly effective on the job, which leads to a much more enjoyable work experience. The dividends of that are likely to be a more highly successful career, plus an abundantly happy and richly rewarding life.
- The course is suitable for anyone who is in, or about to enter, the work force. The presentation style is conversational one-on-one, consisting exclusively of short video presentations. PowerPoint, screen captures, text files, and the like are not used. A PDF version of each lecture is provided, which you may download and combine as your own searchable resource for future reference. The audio of each lecture is also provided in MP3 format, as a resource for listening while driving to and from work, or while traveling. You need only come with an open mind, a willingness to listen thoughtfully, and a belief in your ability to change things for the better.
How are things going at work? Do you sometimes feel like your own worst enemy, your mind producing all sorts of negative stuff that gets in the way performing well on the job, and your prospects for advancement? You can fix that ... this course will show you how! It's a friendly, plainspoken presentation of practical wisdom that can change your life by showing you what's going on "upstairs", why, and how to fix it. A small investment in time right now, can make life at work, and at play, a whole lot better, now and forever!
- Success in your career, whether a production employee or a professional, depends at least as much on your attitudes and ability to cooperate happily and effectively with others, as on your job skills or technical competence. But a person's attitude and behavior is largely the result of decisions they made at a very early age, about themselves and how they relate to everyone else. Most of the time, those decisions are negatively biased, resulting self-esteem issues and related problems. These become intrenched and embellished as you mature, turning the mind into a self-defeating "Monster", which limits your earning potential and prospects for advancement. This course will show you how that happens ... and how you can take control of your mind and make it work for you, rather than against you. It concentrates on practical, common sense thinking, rather than promoting the latest fad, or delving into depths of psychological theory, promoting the idea that you can begin changing you mind on your own, and right now.
The intended purpose of the course, who it's for, and the meaning of "Mind Over Monster".
Balance, or emotionally stability, is the opposite of neurotic ... it's the ability to adapt to one's environment rationally, rather than emotionally, successfully developing a richer, more engaging, more personally satisfying personality. It's what should have been cultivated as you were growing up, instead of the more typical neuroticism. Fortunately, it's never too late to readjust.