Mind Maps/ Mind Mapping for Teachers, Trainers, & Presenters
What you'll learn
- Appreciate the wider classroom and 'presentation skills' scope for Mind Mapping
- Be motivated to learn the mind mapping technique in more depth
- See how the author uses mind mapping to plan, rehearse and deliver a series of educational workshops
- Appreciate how mind mapping can help group process and team working
- Be motivated to learn the principles of mind mapping in order to use the technique effectively at school, college or university
- How the course is suitable for teachers, trainers, and anyone who presents information to an audience(both with and without experience of mind mapping)
- You don't need to know and understand the principes of Mind Mapping in order to benefit from this course and it will whet your appetite to want to know more
- You are looking for ways to become more effective with your teaching whilst improving your personal effectiveness as a teacher
- Ideally you'll have completed the author's Mind Mapping Mastery course but this is not essential
This course shows you the many potential applications for mind maps and mind mapping in the field of teaching and training. THE COURSE DOES NOT TEACH HOW TO DO MIND MAPPING (there are other courses on Udemy that do this). Instead the course is intended to show some of the many benefits of learning how to do mind mapping properly. The course is intended as an eye-opener for people in the teaching and training professions who don't realise that Mind Mapping can be such a useful technique and this course shows how Mind Mapping can be used in many different training scenarios.
On this course you’ll learn the many ways that mind mapping boosts teaching effectiveness and improves students' success
how mind mapping enhances teacher, trainer or presenter productivity and effectiveness
how mind mapping enhances the student or audience learning experience
how mind mapping primes students for learning, demonstrates prior knowledge, reinforces understanding and improves study and exam results
how mind mapping develops students' confidence, speaking skill, reading, writing and interpersonal skills
how mind mapping helps you assess student understanding and knowledge
how mind mapping enhances student and teacher memory and recall
So in summary, this course shows you the potential of mind mapping in all areas of education. It demonstrates how Mind Mapping can be used by the Teacher/Trainer in daily preparative work and in lessons. How it can be used in curriculum setting or topic overview. How it can help with goal setting, CPD, lesson planning, the lesson process, lesson review and student assessment. The course reminds us that when taught effectively mind mapping will help students, whatever their ‘learning style’, with learning and understanding, and will give them additional study and exam help (after all Mind Mapping was originally designed as a study tool)
Who this course is for:
- Teacher training, trainee teachers, educators
- University, College, and Business Lecturers
- Primary and Secondary School Teachers
- Anyone interested in teaching or improving teaching
I'm a speaker, trainer, and personal development coach based in the UK with a special interest in the brain, accelerated learning and people development. My present focus is developing high quality, simple, innovative, life-skills based, video e-learning courses. I now have over 50,000 students in more than 160 countries - this is the reach and power of e-learning.
My 'MIND MAPPING MASTERY' Course is currently the NUMBER ONE Personal Development course in the mind mapping niche, with more than twice the number of enrollments and ten times the number of four and five-star reviews compared to the next most popular course. A course that's genuinely worth paying that little bit extra for.
A bit of background information about me:
I've worked in schools, colleges and universities in the UK, and also in the corporate and SME sector, working with students, teachers, apprentices, managers and leaders. My background is actually in clinical science where I ran an NHS Clinical Biochemistry Department in a District General Hospital and I was also a Quality Consultant to my local hospitals and local Health Authority. I also have an active interest in Health and Healing.
Back in 1996, after training in 'mental literacy' with Tony Buzan (the inventor of Mind Mapping), I set up my own training company the House of Learning. A year later, I put some of my new skills to the test and competed in the World Memory and the World Speed Reading Championships (silver medal position in the latter). Altogether, I have 20 years experience working in the personal development sector and in the field of business leadership. I am also a teacher and practitioner of Reiki and I have a Udemy course about the 'Science of Healing'
'Mind Mapping Mastery' was my first course in this marketplace and I now also have a 'Smart Learning' , 'Smart Speaking' and a 'Smart Teaching' course all of which incorporate mind mapping into the teaching. I have several more courses in the pipeline. Many of my students have English as a second language and they find my courses easy to follow.