MikroTik Routing Engineer with LABS
What you'll learn
- Understand Static and default Routes
- Understand the more specific routes on static routes
- Understand and configure ECMP
- Understand route distance
- Understand the difference between FIB and RIB tables
- Understand and configure Routing mark and route policy
- Understand and configure Recursive routes with scope/target-scope usage
- Understand what VPN is and the different types of VPN
- Understand and configure the follow tunnels: IPIP, EoIP, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, PPPoE
- Understand what is VLAN and how to use it
- Configuring VLAN
- Understand and configure Q-in-Q
- Understand what is Link-state Routing Protocol
- Understand what is OSPF Routing Protocol
- Understand how OSPF use SPF algorithm for calculating the best route
- Understand how OSPF works
- Understand OSPF hello packets and LSA's types
- Understand the OSPF network structure such as Areas and Router Types
- Understand the need of DR/BDR election and configure them in OSPF
- Understand and configure External router distribution (Type1, Type2)
- Understand and configure load balancing on OSPF
- Understand and configure Router aggregation on OSPF
- Understand and configure stub areas (Stub, Totally Stub, NSSA, Totally NSSA)
- Understand and configure Virtual links in OSPF
- Having MikroTik MTCNA knowledge
***This course is not officially sponsored by MikroTik and not an authorized course by MikroTik. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by MikroTik. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
MikroTik MTCRE is at the 2nd level certificate from MikroTik, and it is considered in the Engineering level. This course will speak about everything related to Routing at the Intermediate level. Being MikroTik MTCRE certified is a prerequisite for the higher level Routing certificate which is MTCINE
For this reason, I have designed this course to help you understanding how Routing happens in MikroTik and be read for the MikroTik MTCRE exam.
This course will contain theories but a lot of LABS. For this reason, if you want to follow this course I advice you to have 1 PC and 5 or MikroTik Routers with UTP Cables. Alternatively, you can use MikroTik CHR on GNS3 to emulate the LABS, and which GNS3 you don't require any physical Routerboards as all LABS can be done on GNS3
In this course, you will learn the following topics:
More specific routes
How to force gateway over specific interface
Gateway reachability check and route distance
Routing mark and route policy
Recursive next-hop and scope/target-scope usage
What is OSPF?
How OSPF protocol works
Database distribution and LSA types explained
OSPF network structure
OSPF neighbors and neighbor states (DR and BDR election)
External Route Distribution methods (type1, type2)
Interface cost and interface types (broadcast, NBMA, etc.)
SPT calculation algorithm
OSPF and multicast (problems with NBMA)
Stub, NSSA and area ranges (route aggregation)
Virtual links, usage and limitations
SPF routing filters and limitations
What is VPN?
Different types of VPN
Site to site connectivity with tunnels
IPIP, EoIP, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, PPPoE
VLAN and it's usage
VLAN and managed switch
VLAN and switch chip configuration on RouterBOARDs
As you can see, there are many topics that are covered in this course and on each of the topics there are sub-topics. A lot of LABS will be done on each of the topics so you can understand practically how you can configure all these topics on the MikroTik.
Finally, if you want to have a global understanding of all MTCRE topics and be ready for the MTCRE exam, all you need to do is to register to my course and I assure that your goal will be achieved.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn and be ready for the MikroTik MTCRE exam
- Engineers who want to have more knowledge on Routing in MikroTik
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold certificates from different vendors such as MikroTik, Cisco, Juniper, Ubiquiti, LigoWave etc...
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.