MikroTik IPv6 Engineer with LABS
What you'll learn
- Understand why IPv4 is exhausted
- Know how many IP's can both IPv4 and IPv6 provide
- Understand the characteristics on IPv6
- Understand how IPv6 are being distributed in the world via different registries
- Understand IPv6 notation
- Understand how to find the IPv6 prefix
- Understand IPv6 link-local address
- Understand IPv6 Unique local address
- Understand IPv6 Multicast address
- Understand IPv6 Global Unicast address
- Know how to enable IPv6 on the MikroTik Router
- Understand how subnetting works on IPv6
- Understand how to configure SLAAC to lease IPv6 addresses
- Configure DHCPv6 for Prefix delegation
- Configure IPv6 static and default static routes
- Understand and configure IPv6 RIPng
- Understand and configure IPv6 OSPFv3
- Configure basic Firewall filter rules on IPv6
- Configure IPSEC tunnel on an IPv6 network
- Configuring IPIPv6 Tunnel
- Configuring GRE6 Tunnel
- Configuring 6to4 Tunnel to allow IPv4 devices to reach IPv6 network through a tunnel broker
- Student should have basic TCP/IP knowledge
- Student should be familiar with MikroTik with MTCNA knowledge
***This course is not officially sponsored by MikroTik and not an authorized course by MikroTik. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by MikroTik. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
IPv6 is the future!!!!
We know that IPv4 addressing has been very exhausted because the demand on having IP addresses to route to the internet has became very big. For this reason, to be able to serve more people, IPv6 has been created.
I have designed this course to explain to you everything about IPv6 such as addressing, notation, types, registries and much more, and also how to apply IPv6 on MikroTik routers.
As the demand on IPv6 has been increased lately, so you as network engineers should have the knowledge of how to deploy IPv6 in your or customer's network.
This course helps you also to be ready for the MikroTik exam which is MTCIPv6E.
The course will have theoretical topics and a lot of LABS. I advise you to have 4 MikroTik routers, a PC and internet connection to follow my LABS. Alternatively, you can use GNS3 with MikroTik CHR images to emulate the LABs on 1 PC.
Finally, if you want to be familiar with IPv6 and now how to apply it on MikroTik routers, then I advise you to register in my course so I can show you everything about IPv6.
Who this course is for:
- MikroTik Engineers who want to learn how to deploy IPv6 in their network
- Students and Engineers who want to be ready for the MTCIPv6E exam
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNP R&S, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, MTCSWE, MTCEWE, MTCIPv6 Huawei HCNA, CWTS, Ubiquiti UEWA, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.