MikroTik Advanced BGP with LABS
What you'll learn
- Understand how to configure BGP peer
- Understand how to configure BGP prefix advertisement
- Understand how to remove Private AS
- Understand how to configure BGP in a single homed stub network
- Configuring BGP Mutihomed stub network for ISP's failover
- Configuring BGP Mutihomed non-stub network
- Configuring Failover and Load-Balancing on BGP Mutihomed non-stub network
- Usage of Route Filter to accept and discard advertised prefixes the way in and out
- Understand what BGP Community is
- Configure BGP community with AS Prepend Path
- Understand the well-known BGP communities and difference between no export and no advertise
- Configure no export BGP Community
- Configure no advertise BGP Community
- Understand what BGP aggregate can do
- Configure BGP aggregate w/o Inherit Attributes
- Understand what is BGP Route Reflector
- Configure BGP Route Reflector inside an AS to reduce number of iBGP peers
- Understand what is BGP Confederation
- Configure BGP Route Confederation inside an AS to reduce number of iBGP peers
- Student should have an intermediate level of knowledge on BGP protocol
- Familiar with MikroTik RouterOS
BGP is the routing protocol of the internet. In case you are working in an ISP or an intermediate to big company, you will surely have to work with the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). However, configuring this routing protocol is a challenge because it is very complex and there are a lot of topics inside BGP to know them.
For this reason, I have designed this course which is the 2nd course for BGP on MikroTik, but this one goes to the advanced level after I have explained the entry to intermediate level in my other course which is "BGP on MikroTik with LABS - From Entry to Intermediate level"
So this course will go into advanced level in BGP and will contain a lot of LABS.
Topics that this course will cover are:
Singlehomed BGP for stub networks
Multihomed BGP for stub networks
Multihomed BGP for non-stub networks (including Load balancing and Failover)
BGP Remove AP private
BGP route reflector
and much more...
If you want to master the topics of BGP in MikroTik on the advanced level, this I advise you to enroll in my course and I am sure that by end of the course you will have a good understanding of how to configure Advanced BGP on MikroTik RouterOS.
Who this course is for:
- Engineers working on Internet Service Providers (ISP's)
- Engineers who want to run their own Autonomous System (AS) and advertise their prefixes to the internet via BGP
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.