Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to O365
What you'll learn
- Plan and perform a cut-over migration of maiboxes from an on-premises Exchange 2010 server to O365/Exchange Online
- Plan and perform a cut-over migration of public folders from an on-premises Exchange 2010 server to O365/Exchange Online
- Install and configure Azure AD Connect
- Basic understanding of Exchange Server
- Basic understanding of PowerShell commands
Using third-party tools to perform Exchange-to-O365 migrations can be extremely costly, especially for small businesses with very little IT budget. Using the FREE native tools that Microsoft provides vastly reduces hard costs, but using them can be confusing. As such, I've authored this outstanding course on migrating email from on-premises Exchange to Office 365 using Microsoft's native tools.
In this course, the student will learn how to prepare for (and perform) a cut-over migration from an on-premises Microsoft Exchange 2010 server to Office 365 / Exchange Online.
Topics covered include:
- Setup of the O365 Tenant Account
- Verifying Domain Ownership
- Preparing Active Directory for the Migration
- Preparing the On-Premises Exchange Org for Migration
- Connecting O365 to Your Exchange Email System
- Migrating Mailboxes to O365
- Performing the Cutover to O365
- Re-Routing Email to Office 365
- Assigning Licenses to O365 Users
- Post-Migration Tasks & Cleanup
- Migrating Public Folders to O365
- Configuring Azure AD Connect to Sync AD to O365
- Decommissioning the On-Premises Exchange Server
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to successfully plan, prepare for, and perform a cut-over migration from Exchange 2010 to Office 365 using the native tools that Microsoft provides.
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for IT staff of small companies who are tasked with migrating fewer than 500 Exchange mailboxes to Office 365.
Tom Mitchell is a 25+ year veteran of the IT Industry. After spending the last two decades as a Senior Engineer and Solutions Architect for several organizations, including national, international, and global enterprises, Tom now focuses on teaching and providing freelance IT consulting and solution design services for organizations around the world.
Tom's specialties include Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and Messaging (Exchange & Exchange Online).
Tom is the founder of labITout, is the author of The Azure PowerShell Quick Start Guide, and he has trained over 100,000 students in over 200 countries.
Click the LinkedIn button over there on the left to connect with him. Better yet, enroll in one of his courses today!
labITout is a new way to sharpen your IT skillset while making your day-to-day job as an IT professional easier. We teach you how to deploy specific IT solutions, while providing you with deployment documentation that you can use to streamline your projects.
The mission of labITout is to help IT professionals learn new skills while reducing IT project deployment timelines and improving deployment results for organizations through expert-level tutorials, video labs, and complete ready-made project documentation.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Instead of offering garden variety IT courses, labITout offers real-world guidance for engineers and organizations that are implementing solutions. We offer complete, step-by-step deployment tutorials, along with complete project documentation that isn’t available anywhere else.