Microsoft Word Intermediate
What you'll learn
- Main subject modules for our Microsoft Word Intermediate course:
- Managing Your Documents - Using Formatting Tools in Word - Creating Headers and Footers
- Working with Pictures - Working with Shapes - Performing a Mail Merge in Word
- Full module details:
- Managing Your Documents - Using Windows Explorer within Word - Saving Your Files - Finishing Your Files - Making Word Work Backwards - Viewing Your Files
- Using Formatting Tools - Working with Templates - Using Bullets & Numbering - Using the Paragraph Dialog - Delineation Tools - Working with Pages - Hyperlinks
- Creating Headers & Footers - Basic Headers and Footers - Header & Footer Tools - Design Tab - Inserting Page Numbers - Doing More with Headers & Footers
- Working with Pictures - Inserting Pictures - Editing Pictures - Doing More with Pictures - Formatting Pictures - Managing Pictures
- Working with Shapes - Drawing Shapes - Working with Shapes - Working with Text and Shapes - Advanced Shape Tasks
- Performing a Mail Merge in Word - Using the Mail Merge Wizard - Performing a Manual Mail Merge - Sending a Document Electronically
- You should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course.
Enhance Your Knowledge of Microsoft Word
This course is aimed at anyone with a basic knowledge of Word, and who want to consolidate and build on that knowledge in the shortest possible time frame.
You'll progress from using Word as a simple word processing tool to utilizing it to produce documents that will be impressive in most business situations.
If you can produce basic documents but would like to be able to add more quality to them, this is the course for you!
Take a look at what the course covers:
MODULE 1: Managing Your Documents
Learning outcomes: Working with Windows Explorer and Word's file options to manage and control your word documents more effectively.
Using Windows Explorer within Word
Saving Your Files
Finishing Your Files
Making Word Work Backwards
Viewing Your Files
MODULE 2: Using Formatting Tools in Word
Learning outcomes: Effectively using templates, bullet points and other formatting tools to ensure both paragraphs and pages display correctly.
Working with Templates
Using Bullets and Numbering
Using the Paragraph Dialog
Using Delineation Tools
Working with Pages
MODULE 3: Creating Headers and Footers
Learning outcomes: Work with headers and footers to number and present pages in an organised and professional way.
Creating Basic Headers and Footers
Using the Header & Footer Tools - Design Tab
Inserting Page Numbers
Doing More with Headers and Footers
MODULE 4: Working with Pictures
Learning outcomes: Inserting, formatting and manage pictures and images in order to professionally illustrate your documents.
Doing More with Pictures
MODULE 5: Working with Shapes
Learning outcomes: Drawing, adding, formatting and managing text and shapes to further enhance your document's appearance.
Working with Shapes
Working with Text and Shapes
Advanced Shape Tasks
MODULE 6: Performing a Mail Merge in Word
Learning outcomes: Setting up and performing mail-merge to accurately and professionally produce letters and labels for many recipients quickly and easily.
Using the Mail Merge Wizard
Performing a Manual Mail Merge
Sending a Document Electronically
Who this course is for:
- Users with a basic understanding of Microsoft Word who want to consolidate and expand on their knowledge of the basic features in a short space of time.
The team at ZandaX provides English language online courses for personal development, management and Microsoft software. We share a passion for getting results, and our reason for working is simple: to help people to improve their skills - and their lives too ...
The development team here have many years of training industry experience, both in classroom and virtual environments, so they know what you need in a course to be able to get the most from it.
Our Microsoft instructors don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment. You won't be in better hands.
Our business and soft skills presenters have been chosen for their clarity and professionalism in getting the message across. You'll be engaged as well as educated.
Our management skills course creators are professionals with years of experience in the role, and have progressed through the ranks from novice supervisors through to senior management and director roles. Because of this, the courses give you clear, concise and knowledgeable advice, with proven techniques for success.
Our ethos is to provide courses that are comprehensive but compact, where you can get all you need in a manageable time. We feel that too many online courses today aren't focused. They often say so much that it's hard to find the important stuff. Who wants to sit through 20 hours of chat that takes forever to get to the point, when what you need can be covered in a targeted, structured course?
Remember Mark Twain, who said "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead." He meant that it's harder to be brief, to distill messages to their core. But it's worth the effort, and we work hard so you can be spared the job of having to do it yourself.
And each course comes with workbooks and exercises that help you to take your learning as far as you need. We want you to improve your skills, and we give you the tools to do just that.
This means that when you buy one of our courses, you'll see that every one is thoroughly researched, but it's also concise and easy-to-follow too. There's no padding or time wasted.
You'll also see that our courses are 100% original: we take the best of others, add our own ideas, then build them from scratch. You'll only get a ZandaX course from ZandaX!
So try us and see: we're sure you'll love what we do!