Microsoft Word 2: from Intermediate to Expert certification
What you'll learn
- We’ll look at managing multiple documents and templates, including being restrict editing of your documents and track the changes that other do make.
- We’ll see how to make it easier for your international and disabled colleagues to use.
- We’ll perform advanced editing and formatting, create tables and charts, and use the outline view and master documents and sub-documents.
- We’ll create and manage indices and references, add and manage Quick Parts, including custom fields, and create Mail Merges.
- We’ll look at Visual Basic for Applications, and we’ll create forms for others to fill in.
- Before beginning, you need to use Microsoft Word to an intermediate standard
- This includes formatting text, page breaks, creating tables, endnotes, citations and images
- If you have taken the course "Microsoft Excel - Beginner to Specialist certificate", or taken a Microsoft Office Specialist exam in Word, then you will have the relevant prerequisites.
Most people who use Word are up to Level 3 in some aspects, and Level 2 in others. Why not go all the way to Level 9?
In this course, learn how to:
Level 5 - Manage document options and settings
- Manage documents and templates,
- Prepare documents for review, and
- Manage document changes
Level 6 - Design advanced documents
- Perform advanced editing and formatting,
- Create tables and charts,
- Apply advanced ordering and grouping, and
- Create styles
Level 7 - Create advanced references
- Create and manage indexes and references,
- Manage custom fields and Mail Merge
Level 8 - Create custom Word elements
- Create and modify building blocks, macros and controls,
- Create custom style sets and templates, and
- Prepare a document for internationalisation and accessibility
Level 9 - Manage macros and forms
- Apply and manipulate macro options, and
- Create and manipulate forms.
This course teaches all the skills that Microsoft want you to know for the Expert exams. Specifically, they are the skills required to undertake the Microsoft Certificate 77-850 (for Word 2007 Expert), 77-887 (for Word 2010 Expert), 77-425 and 77-426 (for Word 2013 Expert) and 77-726 (for Word 2016 Expert) and will be useful if you wish to take the exam, or which to learn more about Microsoft Word
The core skills which are taught are those tested by Microsoft in the exam. There are topics that it wants you to learn about Microsoft Word, and this course teaches you all of them.
Each module is taught in order, and is divided in sub-topics, and generally each sub-topic will have an individual lecture lasting 5-7 minutes.
The course will take about 8 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
You should take this course if:
- you want to learn more about Microsoft Word, or
- you want to learn the Word skills you need to become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Expert.
Regardless whether you have Word 2007, Word 2010, Word 2013, Word 2016 or Word 365, this course will help you get to an advanced level, and maybe even want you to get more!
Who this course is for:
- This is for you if you want to develop your Word skills.
- This is also for you if you want to take the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert Exams.
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 680,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
I Do Data is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to learn a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies.
That would look good on your CV or resume? It could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
I Do Data courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.