Microsoft Visio Advanced: Move to the Highest Level
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Our VISIO ADVANCED course really takes your skills to the highest level: by putting what you learn into practice you'll become a real Power User!
- The course has its own workbook with exercises – downloadable within the first “General Introduction” module – so you are able to practice and reinforce what you have learned
- You will learn how to customize shapes and stencils, design styles & templates, create floor plans, work with external data and other programs, and even use macros to automate your tasks
- Customizing Shapes and Stencils - Creating Custom Shapes - Shape Operation Commands - Creating a Custom Stencil - Editing Masters within a Stencil
- Designing Styles and Templates - Creating a New Style - Creating a Template
- Designing Floor Plans - Setting Up an Office Layout - Creating an Office Layout - Working with Layers
- Working with External Data - Creating an Organisation Chart using External Data - Importing Project Planning Data (Gantt Chart) - Linking Shapes to a Database - Importing Data from Excel
- Visio and Other Programs - Linking to Microsoft Word - Saving as a Web Page - Saving in Other Formats
- Automating Visio Tasks - Creating a Basic Macro in Visio - Editing a Basic Macro in Visio - Using ShapeSheets in Visio Diagrams
- Please note that the course assumes you have a full understanding of what's covered in the Introduction course.
- If you want to do the exercises we provide, you'll need a copy of Visio on your computer (any version from 2010 is fine).
Do you want to be a Power User of Visio?
We teach you the skills to get there: not just in learning to do things, but in controlling your work and automating what you do.
With every ZandaX Microsoft course, you get a workbook and exercises (downloadable from the short “General Introduction” module at the start of each course). These are a great addition because they enable you to practice the skills you learn.
Our Microsoft instructors are seasoned professionals - they don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment for years. You won't be in better hands!
And we don’t woffle! Do you want to sit through hours of over-explaining before you get the knowledge you need? We doubt it! So we make sure that everything is covered in easy-to-follow video lessons, and we get to the point so you make the best use of your time.
You’ll learn a lot in the course, but some of the major topics include:
Customizing Shapes & Stencils and Editing Masters
Designing Styles and Templates
Creating Floor Plans and Office Layouts
Working With External Data (including Excel and Gantt Charts)
Using Other Programs (including Word and Web Pages)
Using Macros to Automate Tasks
Each lecture is self-contained, so you don’t need to sit through them all: once you’re at a comfortable level, you’ll be able to use this as your reference library, where you can select what you want to view.
The course is aimed at existing users of Microsoft Visio who want to take advantage of what the package can offer to improve the impact of their documents and reports.
Upon completion (and with a little practice…) you will not only be able to create more diverse and better quality diagrams, but also work with data, other software packages and automate your tasks.
We’ll say it again: don’t forget the course workbooks and exercises – downloadable with the first “General Introduction” module at the start of each course – which really enhance and deepen your learning. Remember that practice makes perfect!
So this course is genuinely much more than just a set of talk-through videos. We don’t think you’ll find better value, so why not enrol with us now?
- You may have a good understanding of Microsoft Visio and want to improve your skills in using the software and automating your tasks
- Or you could be an existing advanced user who wants a "refresher" to clarify a few hazy areas, or even unlearn some bad habits!
- Above all, we want you to get the most from your training, so make sure you enjoy your time doing the course, and revisit it as often as you want